Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

The US Military's Most Powerful Gun

askakido    329

Yea, and the little bit of engineering shown in this video is worth looking into a bit more. 

One serious problem with most of the current groups of the Theories of Conspiracy and their 'theorists' is they have no real understandings of Physics and Engineering, and understanding Biology is also at task.  Especially with the issue of Forensics.  Without a solid understanding of physics, engineering, and biology it is next to impossible to get a really good idea of "what just happened" and the forensics falls on its kiester and so the 'masses' fall for all sorts of half-truths and out right lies .

Without a increasing understanding as an Adult of the basics, and more advanced understanding of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths (S.T.E.M.) it becomes all to easy to fall in to lots of traps of mis-information, dis-information, and their applications for promoting various and sundry agendas, especially in the political arena. 

Myself, I encourage all of us to continue in our scope of learning new things, reviewing things of science that we thought we knew and refreshing our knowledge base, but especially in application of our own "Lab" work. 

The program and software of this current video is the sort of thing that the budding Conspiracy Theorist would do when to take advantage of.

One might buy a Raspberry Pi type 3 model B and using the default operating systems, find the Wolfram Mathematics software and learn how to use it.  Of course learning how to Spread Sheet the engineering and mathematics can be of great impact if properly used to get a more solid idea of what happened.  Rather than just taking some one else's 'word for it' it is at least part of the time worth digging through the S.T.E.M. stuff for one's self.   "Common Core" will never get it done.

askakido    329

Take the 50 Cal bullet and figure out how to make a rail-gun system that will 'fire' a 50 Cal at Mach 8, for instance... and what force of impact such a 50 Cal projectile would have and what its range would be for various EM power levels used.  Could such a rail gun and its 50 Cal bullet have a range of say, 120 miles?  These sort of "What If" scenarios using sound engineering is where some things can get rather, 'exciting' and also at times 'scary'.

Dr. Evil    2,553
17 minutes ago, askakido said:

Yea, and the little bit of engineering shown in this video is worth looking into a bit more. 

One serious problem with most of the current groups of the Theories of Conspiracy and their 'theorists' is they have no real understandings of Physics and Engineering, and understanding Biology is also at task.

You don't need it.

I was looking at prototype rail gun test firings about five years ago and I didn't need STEM to understand how they work and what they can do and how they could be used.

Nor do I need to be a climatologist to conclude AGW is complete and utter bolllocks, to take another example. As it happens I understand propaganda and since AGW is propaganda from start to finish and since real science doesn't look like that, then using the 'looks like a duck' principle I concluded two decades ago it was bollocks and everything since then has backed up my initial hypothesis. I stand ready to revise as I always do, should real science rear its head, but so far it hasn't and I don't expect it to.

If you know how to think, you don't need STEM. STEM of course helps. If you're a ballistics expert then that would help analysing Vegas for instance. But to analyse Vegas you don't NEED to be a ballistics expert and in addition, ballistics is not the only expertise one needs for that task.

And that's the problem with your thesis mate.

No-one has all the skills required to deal with the topics that come up in CT. No-one.

So you come back to logic, investigation, common sense, the scientific method of hypothesis-experiment-conclusion as your general tools and if you happen to have relevant expertise well and good but it's not required and furthermore, it's impossible it in every field you're investigating.  

askakido    329
37 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

<snip>

And that's the problem with your thesis mate.

No-one has all the skills required to deal with the topics that come up in CT. No-one.

So you come back to logic, investigation, common sense, the scientific method of hypothesis-experiment-conclusion as your general tools and if you happen to have relevant expertise well and good but it's not required and furthermore, it's impossible it in every field you're investigating.  

This is not all of my thesis, just a part of it.  I do agree with you have put forth in this part above.

"No-one has all the skills required to deal with the topics that come up in CT. No-one." Well said.

This is though exactly where the trust issue comes into play.   And I did use this term, "Theory of Conspiracy", yet left out this other issue, the "Theory of the Crime."  And it is in this second issue that comes into play, "What is a crime" and now does one, or a bunch, prove a crime had committed and further more who did that crime?  If there are no Laws to break then there cannot be a Crime.  And if there is no Crime then there cannot be a Theory of the Crime nor a Theory of the Conspiracy.  I know you in particular understand that.  But far too few out there go that far in their thinking.  No Theory of the Crime and no Theory of the Conspiracy at least not in a Legal sense, though perhaps some can see a law in a moral sense, and hence both a Theory of Immorality and a corresponding Theory of a Conspiracy of Immorality.  But these still leave one at the level of theory not yet advancing to a hypothesis.

This part: "So you come back to logic, investigation, common sense, the scientific method of hypothesis-experiment-conclusion as your general tools and if you happen to have relevant expertise well and good but it's not required and furthermore, it's impossible it in every field you're investigating."  I do totally agree with. 

Without thinking, without use of logic, without investigating, a S.T.E.M. approach is worse than worthless.  Without the scientific method of hypothesis-experiment-conclusion as one's tools, on is left only with Theory with no Hypothesis.  And I really like the way you used that phrase:  the scientific method of hypothesis-experiment-conclusion.

In my view, the AGW claims are worthless pseudo-science.  But if/when mankind becomes capable of producing electrical power at the level of say 500 Tetra-Watts instaneous all bets are off that we might not be committing AGW.  100 years? A 1000 years?  I am not holding my breath that long. LOL.

The weakest part is the so called common sense.  IMHO

Dr. Evil    2,553
2 minutes ago, askakido said:

The weakest part is the so called common sense.  IMHO

Yes I agree. Common sense is not common practice. I think if you take it literally you lower everything to the lowest common denominator which is the usual meaning but my common sense of say, false flags is not the public's. To the public, a false flag would be utterly extraordinary, it would be a complete anomaly, a once-off. That's their common-sense. Whereas mine is: assume it is unless proven otherwise. 

But that just illustrates what CT'ers are up against, in this world.

In the field of AGW my biggest surprise is that even the silly ole sheeple haven't woken up to the fact that isn't it a bit peculiar the "science" doesn't take into account the effects of the big yellow ball in the sky but instead spends all its time pretending it's an inert gas which is responsible for the temp variations. And since that ball is right in front of them 12/7/365 it surprises me that its absence therefrom is never remarked on, never discussed, not an issue. Talk about common sense, or lack thereof.

askakido    329
10 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

Yes I agree. Common sense is not common practice. I think if you take it literally you lower everything to the lowest common denominator which is the usual meaning but my common sense of say, false flags is not the public's. To the public, a false flag would be utterly extraordinary, it would be a complete anomaly, a once-off. That's their common-sense. Whereas mine is: assume it is unless proven otherwise. 

But that just illustrates what CT'ers are up against, in this world.

In the field of AGW my biggest surprise is that even the silly ole sheeple haven't woken up to the fact that isn't it a bit peculiar the "science" doesn't take into account the effects of the big yellow ball in the sky but instead spends all its time pretending it's an inert gas which is responsible for the temp variations. And since that ball is right in front of them 12/7/365 it surprises me that its absence therefrom is never remarked on, never discussed, not an issue. Talk about common sense, or lack thereof.

"In the field of AGW my biggest surprise is that even the silly ole sheeple haven't woken up to the fact that isn't it a bit peculiar the "science" doesn't take into account the effects of the big yellow ball in the sky but instead spends all its time pretending it's an inert gas which is responsible for the temp variations. And since that ball is right in front of them 12/7/365 it surprises me that its absence therefrom is never remarked on, never discussed, not an issue. Talk about common sense, or lack thereof."

One of my own pet peeves... those that ignore that big yellow white hot huge ball up there hanging on nothing.

"Hey, Turn off the Sun, I am trying to sleep, dim wit!" :slap:

The totality of the Total Solar Eclipse here in August where I live, the air temperature dropped 5 degrees according to three of the air thermometers... and it was still as a 'twilight'... not mere Star Light only.  How cold and how fast would it have hit -250F if all the visible light coming from the Sun had just dropped to zero is anyone's 'guess'. But seems 'they' ignore such possibilities.