Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

'Soldier of Allah' avoids terror charge due to Facebook settings

Ukshep    25,465

First of all I am unsure about this source. So take it for what it's worth. That said I do see a 22 :D

A self-styled “Soldier of Allah” who threatened to blow up a hospital escaped terror charges because of his Facebook settings.

Leroy McCarthy, 22, a Muslim convert, described murdered soldier Lee Rigby as a "white coward who invades countries and rapes people" and said he planned to leave the UK to “join my people's cause".

However, he could not be charged under the Terrorism Act because his profile was set to private, meaning he was jailed for just 18 weeks.

The case led to calls for the law to be changed. David TC Davies, Conservative MP for Monmouthshire, a former serving police officer, said: "I think this worrying case highlights why the law needs to be changed to be further tightened up to prevent terrorist sympathisers and people encouraging violent acts from spreading their hate-filled messages whatever their Facebook settings are.

http://www.orrazz.com/2017/10/soldier-of-allah-avoids-terror-charge.html

To me if true... it smells like a way to further the agenda to invade more privacy!