Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Hurricane Ophelia gears up to blast UK with 80mph gales in worst storm to hit in 21 years (and it's brought swarms of deadly jellyfish)

Recommended Posts

 Ukshep    25,376

Britain is set to be battered by winds of more than 80mph tomorrow as the country prepares to be hit by what could be the worst storm in 21 years.

The Met Office have said Ophelia’s gusts are forecast to make it Britain’s strongest ex-tropical storm since September 2011’s Hurricane Katia, which had 81mph low-level gusts and caused one death and widespread travel chaos.

Winds of over 81mph would make the storm Britain’s strongest ex-hurricane since Hurricane Lili’s 92mph gusts in 1996, said AccuWeather, the world’s second biggest commercial forecaster.  

The gales are set to batter the UK tomorrow exactly 30 years after the Great Storm of 1987 which killed 22 people, destroyed around 15million trees and caused £2bn damage.

It comes as swarms of deadly jellyfish have been seen washed up on beaches across the south coast after being blown ashore by the hurricane. 

A yellow weather warning has been issued for much of the west of the UK tomorrow with a more serious amber warning issued for Northern Ireland, which is expected to take the brunt of the storm.

The Met Office has said that the affected areas could face power cuts and travel disruption.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4982006/Britain-invaded-jellyfish-amid-hurricane-Ophelia.html

THIS ARTICLE INCLUDES a 22 REFERENCE THEREFORE IS A CONTROLLED ELITE PLANNED EVENT.

I'm excited to be blown away. One is thrown. One is received. As is the war of words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,376
7 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Good luck mates!! 

:beerl:

Mother natures going to blow me. How interestingly brutal of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 BubbitoBurrito    1,188
2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Mother natures going to blow me. How interestingly brutal of her.

Was going to but decided not to touch (don't get excited) that one Shep...

Hope it at least blows over (Whoever Over is) and doesn't cause to much doo-doo - Stay safe y'all ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,376
3 minutes ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

Was going to but decided not to touch (don't get excited) that one Shep...

Hope it at least blows over (Whoever Over is) and doesn't cause to much doo-doo - Stay safe y'all ;)

Yeah I can't be done with storms right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,376

Super rare events! unfolding!

Britain and Ireland braced Sunday for a lashing from Ophelia, the largest hurricane ever recorded so far east in the Atlantic Ocean, after it dumped heavy rains on Portugal's Azores islands.

As the storm passed near the Azores archipelago on Saturday it was classed Category 3, which means it packed winds of at least 178 kilometres (110 miles) per hour.

Related SearchesAtlantic HurricanesHurricane Headed For Ireland

Though cooler seas will weaken the storm as it churns towards the west coast of Ireland, it still has enough power to damage buildings and provoke "dangerous" sea conditions as well as potential flooding, Irish authorities said.

Meteorologists say Ophelia is the most powerful hurricane recorded so far east in the Atlantic and the first since 1939 to travel so far north.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-north-atlantic-hurricane-heads-ireland-uk-104827897.html

Whom do they target!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 BubbitoBurrito    1,188
5 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Super rare events! unfolding!

Britain and Ireland braced Sunday for a lashing from Ophelia, the largest hurricane ever recorded so far east in the Atlantic Ocean, after it dumped heavy rains on Portugal's Azores islands.

As the storm passed near the Azores archipelago on Saturday it was classed Category 3, which means it packed winds of at least 178 kilometres (110 miles) per hour.

Related SearchesAtlantic HurricanesHurricane Headed For Ireland

Though cooler seas will weaken the storm as it churns towards the west coast of Ireland, it still has enough power to damage buildings and provoke "dangerous" sea conditions as well as potential flooding, Irish authorities said.

Meteorologists say Ophelia is the most powerful hurricane recorded so far east in the Atlantic and the first since 1939 to travel so far north.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-north-atlantic-hurricane-heads-ireland-uk-104827897.html

Whom do they target!

yikes:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    1,584
10 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Britain is set to be battered by winds of more than 80mph tomorrow as the country prepares to be hit by what could be the worst storm in 21 years.

The Met Office have said Ophelia’s gusts are forecast to make it Britain’s strongest ex-tropical storm since September 2011’s Hurricane Katia, which had 81mph low-level gusts and caused one death and widespread travel chaos.

Winds of over 81mph would make the storm Britain’s strongest ex-hurricane since Hurricane Lili’s 92mph gusts in 1996, said AccuWeather, the world’s second biggest commercial forecaster.  

The gales are set to batter the UK tomorrow exactly 30 years after the Great Storm of 1987 which killed 22 people, destroyed around 15million trees and caused £2bn damage.

It comes as swarms of deadly jellyfish have been seen washed up on beaches across the south coast after being blown ashore by the hurricane. 

A yellow weather warning has been issued for much of the west of the UK tomorrow with a more serious amber warning issued for Northern Ireland, which is expected to take the brunt of the storm.

The Met Office has said that the affected areas could face power cuts and travel disruption.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4982006/Britain-invaded-jellyfish-amid-hurricane-Ophelia.html

THIS ARTICLE INCLUDES a 22 REFERENCE THEREFORE IS A CONTROLLED ELITE PLANNED EVENT.

I'm excited to be blown away. One is thrown. One is received. As is the war of words.

Best of luck to our friends in the U.K.  I hope the storm does not get any worse.

BTW jelly fish are nasty, stay away from them.  Their sting can make you either very sick or dead.

:peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Uncle Nobby    1,271

time to put on yer wellies and paddle off down the boozer for the night. :beerl:

stay moist merry old Britlanders, and stick, 'th wood inth ole. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×