Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

TheToolman

Interesting conversation with my Mailman.

TheToolman    1,595

I happen to be one of those guys that likes to chat with the mailman.  Why not, he basically knows everything go on in the area and he visits a lot of people.  Today, Saturday, he was running late when I ran into him out at the mailbox.   I asked how his day is going and he mentions he's behind schedule and just wants to be done for the day. Then he mentions, "I don't even deliver mail anymore, I just deliver packages from Amazon".  

He was really bummed about it.  Then he says, "I used to like delivering mail to families.  Now I just delivery packages for Amazon and political flyers". 

Then my horse grabs one of his amazon boxes out the door and flings it 10 feet.  He smiles and says "Well....  That's a first"  and laughs. 

Poor guy.  

TheToolman    1,595
25 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

Amazon uses the USPS for Sunday deliveries...so much for working 5 days a week like the rest of us.  

Yes, and you don't hear the post office complaining about not having enough money now either.

TheToolman    1,595
9 hours ago, God Man said:

USPS will be sold off to either Amazon, Fedex or UPS in the next few years.

That would free up our taxes for some other money losing operation

Quick1966    1,240
6 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

That would free up our taxes for some other money losing operation

Ummm... USPS is self sufficient I thought. It funds itself by stamps.

Personally,  I like it when the postal carrier delivers our small Amazon packages. This way it is secure in a lock box and not out for every porch pirate to take. Fed and UPS is notorious for placing our larger packages out in plain sight from the road...Except the "New Guy", that delivered our package the other day. He did make an effort to half hide it from plain view, but he had a lot of nerve. He left a note on our security door and he suggested - right there in writing - on the official UPS sticky note - there in black, bold writing - he wrote, "By pot". 

True story!

COBO Member    4,311

Talked to a lady a few days back that delivers for Amazon. Like driving for Uber or Lyft, you pay your own gas, oil, and wear and tear. But at $20/hr, it wouldn't be a bad gig for retirees or somebody fed up with the 8-5 life.

I was a mail carrier for 3 years in Denver. They started the amazon thing right after I got there. It was hell. I worked 80-90 hour weeks without a day off in December except for x mas day. A lot of miserable people at the post office especially in December. 

The Sunday delivery thing for Amazon really pissed a lot of people at the po off. 

2 hours ago, RockyMtnXpress said:

Personally,  I like it when the postal carrier delivers our small Amazon packages. This way it is secure in a lock box and not out for every porch pirate to take. Fed and UPS is notorious for placing our larger packages out in plain sight from the road...Except the "New Guy", that delivered our package the other day. He did make an effort to half hide it from plain view, but he had a lot of nerve. He left a note on our security door and he suggested - right there in writing - on the official UPS sticky note - there in black, bold writing - he wrote, "By pot". 

True story!

at the post office we were told to leave all amazon  packages no matter what. if they were stolen Amazon was supposed to replace them. 

13 hours ago, God Man said:

USPS will be sold off to either Amazon, Fedex or UPS in the next few years.

I think so too, probably not that soon though. USPS will try and stick it out by offering a mail service that you have to pay for. Eventually that will tank when no one uses it.