Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Gov. Brown declares state of emergency amid deadly hepatitis A outbreak

Cinnamon    28,895

California Gov. Jerry Brown issued an emergency proclamation Friday that will allow the state to increase its supply of vaccines amid a hepatitis A outbreak that has killed more than a dozen people.

The outbreak involves more than 570 of cases in San Diego, Santa Cruz and Los Angeles counties. In San Diego County, 490 people have fallen ill and 18 people have died from the liver disease since March of this year, according to the California Department of Public Health.

<snip>

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/14/gov-brown-declares-state-of-emergency-amid-deadly-hepatitis-a-outbreak/

I don't want to catch this! 

phxsparks    1,591
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

California Gov. Jerry Brown issued an emergency proclamation Friday that will allow the state to increase its supply of vaccines amid a hepatitis A outbreak that has killed more than a dozen people.

The outbreak involves more than 570 of cases in San Diego, Santa Cruz and Los Angeles counties. In San Diego County, 490 people have fallen ill and 18 people have died from the liver disease since March of this year, according to the California Department of Public Health.

<snip>

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/14/gov-brown-declares-state-of-emergency-amid-deadly-hepatitis-a-outbreak/

Jerry Brown may finally figure out that if people are defecating and urinating in the gutters and on the side walks; you will have Hepatitis outbreaks.  You might even have other terrible diseases appear.  Cholera and Typhoid come to mind.  This is why in the 19th century they figured out there was a need for a public sanitation system aka sewer.  Once the early systems were installed the cases of disease dropped very quickly.

The State's problem is they have a large homeless population.  Much of the year Cali weather is very mild, at certain locations in the southern part of the state.  This attracts homeless people because they can live outdoors somewhat comfortably.

So what they have to do is make bathrooms available to the homeless.  Make it easy and encourage them to use the public facilities.

Solve that problem and the outbreaks of disease will stop.

Groove    2,344
7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

Brown can just thank hisself for allowing this to happen with all his liberal bs. @Cinnamon please please please be careful out there and one of these days think of moving. Also remember to wash your hands... a lot. Lol  

Groove    2,344
1 hour ago, Carnivalpunk said:

More people are killed crossing the street. Maybe they should declare a state of emergency over that too.

Always pushing vaccines...smh.

Yep. And sadly I had to get the hep vac in high school. I thought it was bs then and still do now. But I can say I'm clean and std free, surprisingly lol. Needless to say I was a bit promiscuous in my warly 20s as a club dj in New Orleans lol. 

Eagles fan    242
5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

They had an earthquake up there, too, yesterday.  Fun times!  ugh.

Hi Cinn! I was just wondering if you would stay in California if they actually did secede from the union...