Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Air Patrol: Dubai police test flying motorbike-drone hybrid

Dubai has an indoor ski resort, an artificial archipelago and the world’s largest flower garden. It should come as no surprise that this cutting edge city in the United Arab Emirates also has cutting edge crime fighters with the latest in high-tech equipment – even though the crime rate for a city of its size is actually quite low. Nonetheless, it has to spend that oil and tourism money on something, so this week the Dubai Police unveiled their new criminal-chasing manned hoverbikes. They’re so cool, people may want to speed just to get pulled over (or hovered over) by one.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/10/dubai-cops-chase-criminals-on-hoverbikes/

Things are changing!

My dad was a big sci-fi fan and left a ton of hardbacks when he passed.

Point is, literature itself has been "predictive programming" for centuries.

7 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Point is, literature itself has been "predictive programming" for centuries.

Manifestation of thought. That's why zombie movies are bad... mmkay!

notgoingtorespond

Better hope you dont fall off of that thing, forget about the fall killin ya.

12 minutes ago, notgoingtorespond said:

The guy riding it looks scared to me. I don't think it's ready for the real world. 

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Dubai has an indoor ski resort, an artificial archipelago and the world’s largest flower garden. It should come as no surprise that this cutting edge city in the United Arab Emirates also has cutting edge crime fighters with the latest in high-tech equipment – even though the crime rate for a city of its size is actually quite low. Nonetheless, it has to spend that oil and tourism money on something, so this week the Dubai Police unveiled their new criminal-chasing manned hoverbikes. They’re so cool, people may want to speed just to get pulled over (or hovered over) by one.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/10/dubai-cops-chase-criminals-on-hoverbikes/

Things are changing!

when your government uses revenue to build for their people instead of fighting wars

22 minutes ago, notgoingtorespond said:

Look...if mall cops are cool on Segways, then this is a walk in the park.

But, look at the vertical position on those rotors vs his legs. I'm seeing a chase and clipping something with those front blades. The potential for an immediate or medical amputation exists.

Just now, COBO Member said:

Look...if mall cops are cool on Segways, then this is a walk in the park.

But, look at the vertical position on those rotors vs his legs. I'm seeing a chase and clipping something with those front blades. The potential for an immediate or medical amputation exists.

My thoughts too. Not just to the person in front but possibly the rider too!

just think they wouldn't have to chase you through traffic, there would almost be no reason to run... 

...at least once they become "good" enough

Chases would also be safer for the police

ive ran from the cops on my old R1, but that was in stop and go traffic

would have been f'd it was a hover bike

35 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Manifestation of thought. That's why zombie movies are bad... mmkay!

Pffft...that's why Hornady came out with a line of ammo called, "Zombie Max". Got them zombies handled. :bananafire:

I'm talking about chasing zombies on a flying motorcycle/quadcopter (vs the hover-dooie with the crutch arms Dick Tracy used). The rotors are the gyros for stability.

Now...we're starting to see a trend of the combustion engine possibly being banned. I'm seeing a whole new set of highways, aka assigned altitudes (think the Jetsons) for electric powered cars.

Anybody seen that new Bladerunner movie?