Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Strange Debris Washes Up in North Carolina After Mystery Boom

Ukshep    25,443

What’s going on in the skies above North Carolina? Two seemingly separate news stories out of my home state this week are hinting that there might be more going on above our heads than the proverbial ‘they’ are letting on. The mystery began on Saturday, October 7th when residents of Winston Salem, NC heard what has been described as an “earsplitting boom” in the skies overhead. Residents described the noise as a “muffled explosion” that was strong enough to shake the windows and doors of homes in the area. One area man, Eugene Nieto, told local Fox affiliate WGHP that the noise sounded like a bomb:

It sounded like something hit the side of the house. I thought either a truck crashed or something exploded somewhere. It sounded like a legit concussion. It sounded like a bomb.

After searching the area and interviewing local residents, Winston Salem police haven’t a clue what could have caused the deafening boom overhead and are seeking the public’s help in piecing this mystery together. Interestingly, the Winston Salem boom coincided with a similar noise heard above Cairns, Australia heard on the same day. The strangeness doesn’t stop there though. The day after Winston Salem skies were rocked by a seemingly unexplained explosion, a piece of what appears to be an unidentified rocket or aircraft washed up on NC’s shores.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/10/strange-debris-washes-up-in-north-carolina-after-mystery-boom/

I'm not exactly sure what this is. But they seem to be saying... Possibly from a missile? Does not look like it to me!

MrEagle85    25

The pictures look as if it's man made. Aluminium honey comb top structure and fibreglass or rubber on the bottom! Most probably a bit of plane debris! Interesting tho shep! 

COBO Member    4,309
19 minutes ago, MrEagle85 said:

The pictures look as if it's man made. Aluminium honey comb top structure and fibreglass or rubber on the bottom! Most probably a bit of plane debris! Interesting tho shep! 

Oh yeah. The first thing I thought was engine cowling. But it's definitely big enough to be part of a fuselage. You'd need to get a closer look just to speculate on how long it's been in the water.

Wonder if they found all the parts to that Air France flight that crashed years ago. But surely it wouldn't find its way to our east coast.

NASA's Wallops launch facility is just north of there up in VA. But I haven't heard of any inflight failures in the past few months.

Hey @apache54 weigh in on this! Definitely more than one ponderable in the link.

Eve    302

My mind wonders if these two things are related, but there would be burn marks from reentry on the piece found if that were the case right?

Ukshep    25,443
3 minutes ago, Eve said:

My mind wonders if these two things are related, but there would be burn marks from reentry on the piece found if that were the case right?

There would be an announcement if it came down. They would track this and we'd know :)

Dan Lannon    833

It's a chunk of the firmament.  Things are getting rusty in places, and budgetary cutbacks/deferred maintenance aren't helping matters.  :gsbrnint:

COBO Member    4,309
1 minute ago, Phillip Fry said:

Trump take out the Nork EMP Satellites??

:gsbrnint: I didn't go there. But it did occur to me...maybe the Chinese are lying and have perfect control. There's the fork in the road.

Most of it would indeed burn up during re-entry. But what kind of fuel is it carrying?

COBO Member    4,309
3 minutes ago, Dan Lannon said:

It's a chunk of the firmament.  Things are getting rusty in places, and budgetary cutbacks/deferred maintenance aren't helping matters.  :gsbrnint:

Absolutely no intention of derailing this thread, but I gotta ask. Who knows wtf the X-37 is doing up there? Or better yet, what can it do?

Ukshep    25,443
36 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Absolutely no intention of derailing this thread, but I gotta ask. Who knows wtf the X-37 is doing up there? Or better yet, what can it do?

I don't think anyone really knows anything at all do they? No leaks or hints anywhere! That should tell us something :)