Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

DEVELOPING: NRA Retracts Support on Banning Bump Fire Stocks after Backlash

Recommended Posts

 

The National Rifle Association on Thursday said it opposes legislation in both the House and the Senate that would ban the use of bump stocks, a device that can be used to increase a semi- automatic rifle’s rate of fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

 

The National Rifle Association on Thursday said it opposes legislation in both the House and the Senate that would ban the use of bump stocks, a device that can be used to increase a semi- automatic rifle’s rate of fire

LOL!  The NRA figured out that their members do not support this proposed legislation.

I have no strong personal opinion on this as I have no use for these products.

But it is a concern that they are trying to erode peoples right a little bit at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phxsparks said:

LOL!  The NRA figured out that their members do not support this proposed legislation.

I have no strong personal opinion on this as I have no use for these products.

But it is a concern that they are trying to erode peoples right a little bit at a time.

LOL!! Follow the $$$. With out members renewing memberships or unable to recruit new members, they might not be able to keep the lights on in their fancy museum.

As for the bump-fire stocks, it's one of those things I'd rather have and not need than vice versa.

Losing gun rights? That camel's had its nose in the tent since '34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NRA has been consistently Negotiating Rights Away for decades.  They seem to have cast some magic spell over their zombie-like constituency to make them think that they are some sort of stalwart defenders of liberty or something. I'm not sure what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" these morons fail to comprehend. If constitutional, liberty-minded gun owners think they need an advocate in Washington, the Gun Owners of America seems to be a far better choice. Visit https://gunowners.org for more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kadosh said:

The NRA has been consistently Negotiating Rights Away for decades.  The seem to have cast some magic spell over their zombie-like constituency to make them think that they are some sort of stalwart defenders of liberty or something. I'm not sure what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" these morons fail to comprehend. If constitutional, liberty-minded gun owners think they need an advocate in Washington, the Gun Owners of America seem to be a far better choice. Visit https://gunowners.org for more information.

Yep...and there's the 2ndA Foundation as well. Of course, understanding the battle is found easily by reading, "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. Some may call it pulp fiction, but insightful, nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×