Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Breaking: Trump Tells Puerto Rico He’s Going to Cut Them Off

Recommended Posts

 Ukshep    25,453

When Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, it devastated the island and left the U.S. territory in a humanitarian crisis, prompting the federal government and other volunteers to rush in and offer assistance.

Puerto Rico wasn’t exactly a paradise or shining example of government efficiency prior to the storm. Instead, it was a mismanaged bureaucratic nightmare with neglected infrastructure and an over-dependence on aid from others — specifically the federal government.

President Donald Trump alluded to this in a series of tweets Thursday.

https://conservativetribune.com/trump-puerto-rico-cut-them-off/

And his tweets

https://static.conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Trump-PR-tweets.jpg

Not sure what to think of this but I'll let you think on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    1,597
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

When Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico, it devastated the island and left the U.S. territory in a humanitarian crisis, prompting the federal government and other volunteers to rush in and offer assistance.

Puerto Rico wasn’t exactly a paradise or shining example of government efficiency prior to the storm. Instead, it was a mismanaged bureaucratic nightmare with neglected infrastructure and an over-dependence on aid from others — specifically the federal government.

President Donald Trump alluded to this in a series of tweets Thursday.

https://conservativetribune.com/trump-puerto-rico-cut-them-off/

And his tweets

https://static.conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Trump-PR-tweets.jpg

Not sure what to think of this but I'll let you think on it.

I did a little research and found there is 1  active U.S. military base on the island of Puerto Rico. 

There are 3 other installations or facilities around the island.  Here is where I found the information: https://militarybases.com/puerto-rico/

If they intend to "cut off" Puerto Rico they had best figure out what they are going to do with a starving and potentially violent society. 

That ugliness would be surrounding Fort Buchanan on all sides, just outside the perimeter; which is probably a fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,453
7 hours ago, phxsparks said:

That ugliness would be surrounding Fort Buchanan on all sides, just outside the perimeter; which is probably a fence.

It would be a crisis for sure. Seem to be getting a lot of those. You might have just predicted the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    4,311
7 hours ago, phxsparks said:

I did a little research and found there is 1  active U.S. military base on the island of Puerto Rico. 

There are 3 other installations or facilities around the island.  Here is where I found the information: https://militarybases.com/puerto-rico/

If they intend to "cut off" Puerto Rico they had best figure out what they are going to do with a starving and potentially violent society. 

That ugliness would be surrounding Fort Buchanan on all sides, just outside the perimeter; which is probably a fence.

Go back to the 70s and look at the violence the locals perpetrated against people stationed at NAS Roosevelt Roads. Nothing new here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×