Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

'Tremendous competition': Trump signs executive order relaxing healthcare rules

Cinnamon    28,918

US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order allowing the purchase of health insurance across state lines, aimed at creating more choice on the marketplace and reining in the rising insurance premiums.

The new executive order will increase competition, choice and access to healthcare for millions of Americans, while costing the US government "virtually nothing," Trump said.

Introducing the president, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) called the executive order “the biggest free-market reform of healthcare in a generation.”

Vice President Mike Pence called it the “critical step to lower the cost of health insurance.”

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/406498-trump-healthcare-executive-order/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS/

3 2 1... until the lawsuits try and put a stop to this? 

TheToolman    1,595

Aren't there like 20 big healthcare companies across the country and already selling in several states?  I don't think it will make much of an impact.   We need to stop requiring healthcare for everyone and get the attorneys out of suing doctors all the time.

TheToolman    1,595

Actually, I can fix healthcare.  Let's take all that tax money and use it to have people eat GOOD FOOD.  If we would just eat right, healthcare issues go away.

Cinnamon    28,918
2 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

Actually, I can fix healthcare.  Let's take all that tax money and use it to have people eat GOOD FOOD.  If we would just eat right, healthcare issues go away.

We could also give them free gym memberships if they wanted to go to one. 

But NOOO! 

TheToolman    1,595
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

We could also give them free gym memberships if they wanted to go to one. 

But NOOO! 

It would be cheaper to do this than what we are doing right now.

apache54    6,061
9 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

Aren't there like 20 big healthcare companies across the country and already selling in several states?  I don't think it will make much of an impact.   We need to stop requiring healthcare for everyone and get the attorneys out of suing doctors all the time.

AGREED!!

Cinnamon    28,918
14 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

I thought that was the big problem, not allowing them to sell across state lines. 

Cinnamon    28,918
7 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

It would be cheaper to do this than what we are doing right now.

But that would require changing the mindset of a lot of diabetics. lol  I know people who have it and they would rather take pills, stick themselves with needles than to eat right and do any exercise. Magic pills...  

High blood pressure is also a life style disease. 

Back to my glass of carrot juice. lol 

apache54    6,061
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I thought that was the big problem, not allowing them to sell across state lines. 

that is what they told us, but you know how that is, they tend to tell lies!! LOL

apache54    6,061
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

But that would require changing the mindset of a lot of diabetics. lol  I know people who have it and they would rather take pills, stick themselves with needles than to eat right and do any exercise. Magic pills...  

High blood pressure is also a life style disease. 

Back to my glass of carrot juice. lol 

That does give credence to the saying FAT-DUMB and UN-HEALTHY!! ooops wrong word!! LOL

lots of disease in this country is life style as you stated!!

askakido    329

"US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order allowing the purchase of health insurance across state lines, aimed at creating more choice on the marketplace and reining in the rising insurance premiums."

Meanwhile the "Do Anything Except Make Wise Law CONgress" sits on their tushes picking pocket lint out of their pockets and makes all these "Comprehensive" laws they can never agree on and instead of simply clean clear one, two, three, or even four pages of code thtt even a 16 year old can understand.

I could just kick the likes of Lou Dobbs for coming up with that asinine proverb, "Do Nothing Congress"... as that is simply a quick way to dumb down Americans.  The problem isn't a Do Nothing Congress it is an Unwise Do Everything Congress Stupidity.

I applaud Rand Paul's supporting this action Trump has taken on this E.O.

phxsparks    1,597
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order allowing the purchase of health insurance across state lines, aimed at creating more choice on the marketplace and reining in the rising insurance premiums.

The new executive order will increase competition, choice and access to healthcare for millions of Americans, while costing the US government "virtually nothing," Trump said.

Introducing the president, Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) called the executive order “the biggest free-market reform of healthcare in a generation.”

Vice President Mike Pence called it the “critical step to lower the cost of health insurance.”

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/406498-trump-healthcare-executive-order/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS/

3 2 1... until the lawsuits try and put a stop to this? 

This is great for the consumer.  It will definitely force competition among the insurers. 

Whenever there is price competition among vendors, the consumer benefits.

The insurance companies will probably take a big hit on this as far as profits are concerned.

And that is the problem in a nutshell.  If they removed the profit incentive from medicine, it would solve a lot of issues.

The U.S. is the only country in the world where people regularly declare bankruptcy because they were ill and ran up astronomical medical bills that they can never pay.

Good job President Trump!  You have done something to benefit the common person.

:kaneclap: