Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

DRUMZ

The wisest words that I ,Jerry (DRUMZ) have ever heard.((52 years on the planet))

DRUMZ    1,666

Is or are:

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Think about it for a moment.

Would there be any crime or hunger or thirst or war if everyone adopted this philosophy?

Who would steal from or rape or kill anyone that they truly LOVE?

Not I. My bet is you neither.

I am off to get a couple of beers and some smokes right now, but I will be back to read any of your thoughts or comments.

Again, who would not give a bottle of water or take someone out to dinner if they saw their beloved sister or brother hungry, cold or thirsty? 

Would you bomb the f**k out of yourself? Or anyone that you truly loved?

Peace and Love to each and every one of you! 

I Love you! 

Jerry (DRUMZ)

:banana-riding-llama-smiley-emoticon:

BunBun    450

I agree, Drumz. We are supposed to be loving other people. Not naively or stupidly, but with real Love and Affection just as we wish to receive ourselves. God be with you, Brother. Tenderness and Compassion are the best things in the world. 

Walk Softly    3,289
15 minutes ago, DRUMZ said:

Peace and Love to each and every one of you! 

You too, brother!  

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 
John 13:34‭ NLT

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.  When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.  I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!  This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.  You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.  This is my command: Love each other.
John 15:9‭-‬17 NLT

It's the key to life.  :)

Wise words indeed, but not the wisest.... because they only make sense/ work if everyone has pre-agreed to work off of those ideals. 

You're bet, is the problem. You are making the false assumption that everyone else will be as honorable as yourself. People don't work that way . We're all in a spectrum.... some are wonderful and loving, others are the worst people you could ever know. 

DRUMZ    1,666
21 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

You too, brother!  

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 
John 13:34‭ NLT

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.  When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.  I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!  This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.  You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.  This is my command: Love each other.
John 15:9‭-‬17 NLT

It's the key to life.  :)

WOW!

Thank You my dear, dear friend!

Peace and LOVE to you and Yours!

:beerl:

DRUMZ    1,666
26 minutes ago, Countryboyseein said:

Wise words indeed, but not the wisest.... because they only make sense/ work if everyone has pre-agreed to work off of those ideals. 

You're bet, is the problem. You are making the false assumption that everyone else will be as honorable as yourself. People don't work that way . We're all in a spectrum.... some are wonderful and loving, others are the worst people you could ever know. 

53 minutes ago, DRUMZ said:

Would there be any crime or hunger or thirst or war if everyone adopted this philosophy?

Thanks but I think that I covered that base with the above quote.

Love ya brother/sister!

DRUMZ    1,666
37 minutes ago, BunBun said:

I agree, Drumz. We are supposed to be loving other people. Not naively or stupidly, but with real Love and Affection just as we wish to receive ourselves. God be with you, Brother. Tenderness and Compassion are the best things in the world. 

You are truly a Blessing from Our Dear Lord BunBun!

I Love you!

Cinnamon    28,895
1 minute ago, Automan63 said:

Am I the only one that laughed his balls off that @Cinnamonput this in “Hard Core Conspiracy”?

Maybe it’s just me:blink:

The only other option was off topic and that didn't feel quite right. 

Picklesnout    1,396

1 minute ago, Walk Softly said:

Interesting feat...

I assume that can only happen once in a man's life?  :gsbrnint:

They grow back when you sleep.