Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Merry Christmas? Probably not!

Cinnamon    22,832

They pass egregious bills during the holiday season... 

Top Republican predicts Christmas Eve vote on tax revamp

A top House Republican on Wednesday predicted Congress would vote to pass a tax bill on Dec. 24, saying the effort to overhaul the tax code would go down to the wire.

Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), the House GOP chief deputy whip, said he expected both the House and Senate to finish work on a tax revamp bill on Christmas Eve.

GOP lawmakers and administration officials have pledged to enact a bill to cut individual and business tax rates, broaden the tax base and make the tax code simpler by the end of 2017.

Republicans are eager to make the most sweeping changes to the tax code since 1986 and are desperate to prove their ability to pass major legislation with unified control of the government.

McHenry pressed the need for tax reform at an event organized by Financial Services Roundtable, a leading lobbying group for the financial services industry. The deputy whip asked the audience of Washington policy leaders and lobbyists to judge the Republican tax package by its total effect, not whether it includes a certain deduction or rider.

“Don’t let individual provisions drive your activism,” McHenry said, calling tax cuts “a powerful element” that could boost economic growth.

“We’ve seen the middle class left behind over the past 30 years in America.” McHenry said. “There is a real motivation around this, both for families and large businesses.”

<snip>

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/354933-house-gop-deputy-whip-predicts-christmas-eve-vote-on-tax-revamp

Ukshep    19,925

Wasn't there a rumor that last Christmas was the last Christmas.... If true.... time is short!

• Like 1

apache54    4,835

They use Holidays and wknds when the SHEEPLE are the most distracted to do their dirty deeds!! bunch scumbags!!

• Like 1

God Man    677

A tax increase for all but the wealthiest delivered to the people on Christmas eve.  That sounds in line with what I would expect from congress and our President.  The sheeple will just say baaah and quickly forget that they were just sheared once again.

• Like 1

Cinnamon    22,832
5 hours ago, God Man said:

A tax increase for all but the wealthiest delivered to the people on Christmas eve.  That sounds in line with what I would expect from congress and our President.  The sheeple will just say baaah and quickly forget that they were just sheared once again.

I won't forget because I'm already giving them so much money that my life suffers for it. I think getting hit with paying more money is about the ONLY thing that wakes people up, they seem to care little for any other kind of freedom.  

phxsparks    842
16 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Wasn't there a rumor that last Christmas was the last Christmas.... If true.... time is short!

Indeed, time might be short.

Symon    81
16 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Let us not EVER forget what Bill cooper always told us