Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

God Man

I am trying Mezcal for the first time right now - ask me a question.

I just cracked open a bottle I bought some time ago.  It was like $55. on sale and I don't don't know why I bought it other than I just thought it might be fun to try. 

Does anybody have any good mezcal stories.  Anybody here ever try it?

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

What's Mezcal?

I could google but you ask to be ask.

:gsbrnint:

Mezcal is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from any type of agave plant native to Mexico. The word mezcal comes from Nahuatl mexcalli which means "oven-cooked agave". The agave grows in many parts of Mexico, though most mezcal is made in Oaxaca. < this is where the one I am drinking came from.

Mezcal is still made from the heart of the agave plant, called the piña, much the same way it was 200 years ago, in most places. In Mexico, mezcal is generally consumed straight and has a strong smoky flavor. Though mezcal is not as popular as tequila (made specifically from the blue agave in select regions of the country), Mexico does export the product, mostly to Japan and the United States, and exports are growing.

Despite the similar name, mezcal does not contain mescaline or other psychedelic substances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezcal

2 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

This is the stuff with the worm. Did you eat him yet?

No, it doesn't have a worm.  From what I read before trying it, only the really cheap stuff comes with a worm. :D

I liked that song.  It kind of had a haunting sound to it and I heard "moonshine from cactus" in the words.

:hug:

5 minutes ago, God Man said:

I liked that song.  It kind of had a haunting sound to it and I heard "moonshine from cactus" in the words.

:hug:

Now I know what she's talking about there.

I adore Kristen Hersh. She's like the anti-Eminem. LOL

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Now I know what she's talking about there.

I adore Kristen Hersh. She's like the anti-Eminem. LOL

I have never heard of her but thank you for introducing me.  I like here because you can tell she is real and she exudes a certain vibe or energy that I can totally connect with.