Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Boy Scouts to Begin Admitting Girls

The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday it will soon allow girls to join its Cub Scouts program and will develop a new program for older girls.

“This decision is true to BSA’s mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of Scouting — trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example — are important for both young men and women,” Michael Surbaugh, CEO of the Boy Scouts, said in a statement.

“We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children. We strive to bring what our organization does best – developing character and leadership for young people – to as many families and youth as possible as we help shape the next generation of leaders,” he continued.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boy-scouts-to-begin-admitting-girls/article/2637174

Can't really call it the boy scouts of america now... Not to say women should not be able to be scouts but the name is boy scouts. And it's meant for boys. They have girl scouts elsewhere. geez!

Stupid decision!

What a mixed up, messed up, muddled and befuddled world we live in!  I would prefer the President focus on this instead of the NFL.  But he won't.

just more crap to bring our values to the ground!! there is BOY scouts and there is GIRL scouts and they do NOT need to be mixed!! they serve there purposes on a single basis and should remain that way!!

notgoingtorespond

I will be glad when its over. Im sick of this sick world.

This is a good move by the BSA. The participation levels in both Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are dropping hard and both groups will struggle to continue functioning as they always have. The 2 groups should have joined together, but neither probably wanted to give anything up to the other. The BSA just doubled it's recruitment pool before the GSA did. Competition is what this is called. Well played BSA, well played.

What the hell was wrong with boys being boys and girls being girls?  I was born out of time for sure.  The modern world makes little sense to me.

1 minute ago, cool scarvs said:

What the hell was wrong with boys being boys and girls being girls?  I was born out of time for sure.  The modern world makes little sense to me.

They control our rulers and most of our planet and they are just trying to manipulate our minds, bodies and souls in order to use and control us in the way they wish to.  It is about power and control and we are being played and used to fulfill their agenda and master plan for the world.  Wake up while there is still time!

48 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday it will soon allow girls to join its Cub Scouts program and will develop a new program for older girls.

“This decision is true to BSA’s mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of Scouting — trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example — are important for both young men and women,” Michael Surbaugh, CEO of the Boy Scouts, said in a statement.

“We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children. We strive to bring what our organization does best – developing character and leadership for young people – to as many families and youth as possible as we help shape the next generation of leaders,” he continued.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boy-scouts-to-begin-admitting-girls/article/2637174

Can't really call it the boy scouts of america now... Not to say women should not be able to be scouts but the name is boy scouts. And it's meant for boys. They have girl scouts elsewhere. geez!

Stupid decision!

Agreed, this is a bad move!  What is wrong with having a "boy scouts and girl scouts"?  The organizations already exist! 

9 minutes ago, cool scarvs said:

I too am out of the time era in which I should be!

27 minutes ago, JRock said:

This is a good move by the BSA. The participation levels in both Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are dropping hard and both groups will struggle to continue functioning as they always have. The 2 groups should have joined together, but neither probably wanted to give anything up to the other. The BSA just doubled it's recruitment pool before the GSA did. Competition is what this is called. Well played BSA, well played.

I don't agree, sorry.............

43 minutes ago, apache54 said:

just more crap to bring our values to the ground!! there is BOY scouts and there is GIRL scouts and they do NOT need to be mixed!! they serve there purposes on a single basis and should remain that way!!

In my family there was no Boy Scout, no Girl Scout.  There were six brothers, two sisters, two parents, a mother and a father. Our parents were the Scout leaders. The Parent Scouts and the Child Scouts.  And that is the way it should have remained in America.  Only with the additional potential of Extended Family Scouts.    

My parents did take advantage of all Scout Manuals that the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts used all the way up and including to the level of Eagle Scout.  A big key?  We all loved each other and we respected each other in spirit.

It is our Owner, Manager, Worker system, our Debt-Credit-Money system as both systems as currently set down in practice that is a huge problem.