Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

BunBun

The Scary Aspect to Being a Christian

BunBun    450

I have been in church since I was born. When I was 2 years old, my mother and grandmother explained to me about Father and Lord Jesus and Lord Holy Spirit. I was taught about angels and heaven and satan and demons and hell. I have always been a believer. I could feel The Lord's presence when I was a child, so I wasn't surprised in any way by what my mother told me. I was blessed with easy and quick belief in The Lords. When I was 5, I was at my grandmother's house. We had read a story called Barnaby's Barrel downstairs while we were going through my grandmother's Sunday School stuff. I ran upstairs to use the restroom and when I came out, I could hear Lord Jesus talking to me. I couldn't see Him-I'm not a seer, but I could hear Him because I'm a hearer. He asked me if I wanted to ask Him into my heart. I knew that I needed to do that and I wanted to do that, but I was concerned that my mother and grandmother would say that I was too young. I heard that a lot when I was five. Lord Jesus told me to ask them. I did and even though I was young, they helped me ask Lord Jesus into my heart. I was baptized shortly after that. 

As a lifelong Christian, I was blessed to always believe with the belief of a small child. Father says you have to come to Lord Jesus with the belief of a small child. Getting to the age of not believing will definitely put a damper on you coming to the Lord. I chose never to go there. I was fortunate to be a hearer. I Love hearing the Lords voice. Even when He's angry, I Love Hearing His Voice. I will listen for hours just to hear a little bit from Him. My mother and grandmother were two women who had made it their mission in life to get as many children to accept Lord Jesus as they could. They were from the 40's and 50's and sometimes they used emotional pleas to pressure children into accepting Lord Jesus. Sometimes, the full understanding of what it will cost a person to be a Christian wasn't necessarily understood in their classroom discussions of salvation. I think we Christians are often remiss in telling other people that it's a difficult life to be a Christian. It's highly rewarding, but it will never be a walk in the park. The Lord begins working on you almost right away. He gives you a new heart and He changes you. He will free you from areas where you have been in bondage such as sexual sin or drinking or drugs. He will give you a helping hand with those things. But, the truth-and often it's couched in terms of "It' difficult to be a Christian" is not explained to people when we give the invitation to walk the aisle. We so want people to come to The Lord, to know Salvation and Assurance, to avoid the horrors of an eternity in hell and eternal regret. Sometimes, we fail to warn people that it's a serious commitment to the Lord and that even though He will give your soul rest, the walk is going to have times when it's going to be difficult. 

Paul tells us that every son-and daughter-that the Lord accepts, he corrects. Paul tells us not to be discouraged at the correction of the Lord or become angry with the Lord if He punishes us. This is a natural part of being a Christian and every Christian will be instructed through these methods. This is how The Lord works. Sometimes, the Lord will allow us to go through trials. The beautiful thing about being a Christian is that you aren't alone in your trials. I go to my room and spend hours talking to The Lord. As a Daughter of the Living God, I have access to the Throne room of Heaven through Lord Jesus Christ. I can go before Father anytime that I please and I can spend as much time there as I like. I will say that there is an upper limit on that. Last night I spent about 5 hours talking to Father and Lord Jesus because I was really upset and having a difficult time stabilizing. I was pushing my luck with that. I have stayed up all night with Him. Sometimes, He has punished me for doing that. He knows how damaged my mind is and how compromised my ability to deal with stress is, but I recommend only staying up all night if you have a specific request and you really want Him to hear you. I would only do that as a show of sincerity and not just because you have taken leave of your senses. 

Sometimes, the Lord will punish us. For me, this can be unpleasant feelings inside me. I know that isn't easy to explain, but it's like what David talked about-the hand of the Lord was heavy upon Him until he confessed His Sin and stopped being obstinate. Sometimes, the Lord will lock my spine about midway down where I can't fall asleep. If I try to fall asleep, the message will travel down my spine and hit that point and then it will shoot back up my spine rapidly and cause my whole body to jump in a painful way. I have been punished like that before. There is some grief to it. You can't blame the Lord for punishing you or get angry with Him over it. You have to accept your punishment and stay contrite. The best way I have found to deal with it is to endure and to just be really humble so that The Lord knows you aren't challenging Him or refusing to accept His Correction. It's important to learn how to do this in order to be a successful Christian. We all have to learn to navigate the roads of correction and instruction. 

The Lord is really concerned with us becoming very obedient to Him. This is a major tenant of Christian life. You have heard the song "Trust and Obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey." That's a really good song that speaks to the heart of this aspect of Christian living. We are to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice before the Lord and we are to do good to other people and teach them about the Lord. That is really important. We are also supposed to be obedient in a moments notice. A lot of the training that we go through with the Lord is to make us more and more obedient and to depend on the Lord completely. We have to let go of our own desires and be consumed with The Lord's will always seeking to know His Will for us. I talk about staying on our faces before the Lord. This was an aspect that has caused me some difficulty. I tend to be very willful and I want to be in control, but in the Christian life, it cannot be that way. Lord Jesus was our example and He was always obedient to Father's Will-even when it cost him the death of the cross. When we make a commitment to the Lord, we have to be likewise willing to make those commitments just as Lord Jesus did. That doesn't meant that Father will require a martyrs death from us, but we have to be willing to die for The Lord and His message. We have to be willing to go through the crucible of refining. The refining fire is NOT something we really want to go through. It's terrifying often from a human perspective. God is NOT cruel for putting us through this refining process. He is making us into the sons and daughters of God. That is a Great Honor and on the other side of it, we will be very glad that we went through what we were called to endure. This is sometimes a difficult thing to keep in mind as we are going through times of testing and stress. But, great honor and glory will be ours if we allow Father to mold us into the people that we ought to be. His Great Love for us motivates Him to start a work in us that He will finish. I am in the process of these things. Sometimes, I want to go home to Heaven. I want to be on the other side of it now. Father will in no way allow me that out. He demands that I stay here and finish. Sometimes that is so hard for me. This is what I signed up for, though. I have to keep trying. What we will be in not readily apparent from this side. If we could glimpse and feel that glory, I'm sure we would be more than willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that end. I know that it's all worth it. The struggle is very intense however. We war within ourselves and we have an enemy who discourages us. In the world we are living in today, it is difficult to get help from other people as we struggle through our Salvation Process. 

Is it worthwhile to be a Christian? Absolutely! The God of All Universes is My Father and He comes to my bedroom every night and listens to me tell Him everything in my heart and mind. He defends me and takes care of me. Sometimes, He Sovereignly changes something inside of me that isn't good. Sometimes, He Sovereignly changes things that other people feel. God can do anything, so All Things are Possible with Him. Trust is Hard, but you learn it as you walk through challenges. He demands that we trust Him blindly. I know it will be important. This training ground that we are in now is really rough, but Boot Camp always is. Walking 10 miles with blind trust takes practice and we have to learn. This is our job. I think the saddest thing is for a person to spend 50, 60, 70 years down here and to have wasted the opportunity. They will have suffered life's troubles and scorn, yet they will not have salvation waiting for them. That is the saddest thing. To have been down here and to accept the measly pleasures of this world as a reward-My God, what a waste. The Pleasures of Being with the Lord-even on earth-are worth going through the crucible. Don't you know that when we die and stand before Him, we want Father and Lord Jesus to love us more than we have ever wanted anything in our whole lives. In that moment, it will all become clear. You will see Your Creator and suddenly know what satan blinded you to the whole time you were down here. The eternal regret of that thing is so awful and so horrible. I don't even like thinking about it. 

The Christian life is difficult sometimes, but it's rewarding in ways that are difficult to describe. God has recreated my Spirit within me, which died when I first sinned. He is saving my soul. Sometimes, I think I won't be able to endure. Sometimes, all I can do is lie in my bed telling the Lord the pain I am going through. But, even in the most pain that I endure, He never leaves me. Even in the most suffering and even in death, He is right there with me. He is Amazing God and He does demand Obedience and Trust. He is not going to tell us everything that He is doing. But, He is Trustworthy and He is Kind and Loving. He disciplines His Children-even King David had to endure it. Don't give up. Someone came to support me this morning. I thank her. Tenderness goes so far. Everyone already knows everything I have written in this statement. None of this is secret-even to the unbelievers. They know. We are born knowing. 

The Narrow Way which leads to Life or the Broad Way that leads to destruction. God help us make that choice. It is right before each of us continually. 

Cinders77    417
26 minutes ago, BunBun said:

Sometimes, He has punished me for doing that.

BunBun -  God does not use physical torture to correct you.  However, Jesus will sometimes allow us to be "sifted by satan" to draw us into a deeper walk with Him. 

Satan in turn will use torture and let you THINK it's coming from God.  We are no longer under judgment -that's why Jesus went to the cross.  But satan just wants to get his hooks in us and make us feel worthless. 

What do you do? Thank God for the correction but not the physical torture.  That's the enemy 100%. 

Ask Jesus to rebuke the evil one immediately and "resist" the thoughts put in your head.  It can be difficult, but to be an over comer is NOT easy.

Please contact me through email.  I'd rather not post on the forum - I have other things to share.  God Bless!

Walk Softly    3,300
22 minutes ago, Cinders77 said:

We are no longer under judgment -that's why Jesus went to the cross.  But satan just wants to get his hooks in us and make us feel worthless. 

Thats what I've found as well. 

This sin, confession, forgiveness loop is another form of bondage to get stuck into.  

The penalty of sin is death, not confession.  Jesus paid that price.  

This is why the act of forgiveness towards others is so important.  If we don't forgive others, then it's hard for us to believe they have been forgiven.  If we don't believe they have been forgiven, how can we really believe what Christ accomplished on the cross for us?  All of us.  

The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.
John 16:9 NLT

For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.  God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
John 3:16‭-‬18 NLT

God bless. 

God Man    1,186
55 minutes ago, BunBun said:

I have been in church since I was born. When I was 2 years old, my mother and grandmother explained to me about Father and Lord Jesus and Lord Holy Spirit. I was taught about angels and heaven and satan and demons and hell. I have always been a believer. I could feel The Lord's presence when I was a child, so I wasn't surprised in any way by what my mother told me. I was blessed with easy and quick belief in The Lords. When I was 5, I was at my grandmother's house. We had read a story called Barnaby's Barrel downstairs while we were going through my grandmother's Sunday School stuff. I ran upstairs to use the restroom and when I came out, I could hear Lord Jesus talking to me. I couldn't see Him-I'm not a seer, but I could hear Him because I'm a hearer. He asked me if I wanted to ask Him into my heart. I knew that I needed to do that and I wanted to do that, but I was concerned that my mother and grandmother would say that I was too young. I heard that a lot when I was five. Lord Jesus told me to ask them. I did and even though I was young, they helped me ask Lord Jesus into my heart. I was baptized shortly after that. 

As a lifelong Christian, I was blessed to always believe with the belief of a small child. Father says you have to come to Lord Jesus with the belief of a small child. Getting to the age of not believing will definitely put a damper on you coming to the Lord. I chose never to go there. I was fortunate to be a hearer. I Love hearing the Lords voice. Even when He's angry, I Love Hearing His Voice. I will listen for hours just to hear a little bit from Him. My mother and grandmother were two women who had made it their mission in life to get as many children to accept Lord Jesus as they could. They were from the 40's and 50's and sometimes they used emotional pleas to pressure children into accepting Lord Jesus. Sometimes, the full understanding of what it will cost a person to be a Christian wasn't necessarily understood in their classroom discussions of salvation. I think we Christians are often remiss in telling other people that it's a difficult life to be a Christian. It's highly rewarding, but it will never be a walk in the park. The Lord begins working on you almost right away. He gives you a new heart and He changes you. He will free you from areas where you have been in bondage such as sexual sin or drinking or drugs. He will give you a helping hand with those things. But, the truth-and often it's couched in terms of "It' difficult to be a Christian" is not explained to people when we give the invitation to walk the aisle. We so want people to come to The Lord, to know Salvation and Assurance, to avoid the horrors of an eternity in hell and eternal regret. Sometimes, we fail to warn people that it's a serious commitment to the Lord and that even though He will give your soul rest, the walk is going to have times when it's going to be difficult. 

Paul tells us that every son-and daughter-that the Lord accepts, he corrects. Paul tells us not to be discouraged at the correction of the Lord or become angry with the Lord if He punishes us. This is a natural part of being a Christian and every Christian will be instructed through these methods. This is how The Lord works. Sometimes, the Lord will allow us to go through trials. The beautiful thing about being a Christian is that you aren't alone in your trials. I go to my room and spend hours talking to The Lord. As a Daughter of the Living God, I have access to the Throne room of Heaven through Lord Jesus Christ. I can go before Father anytime that I please and I can spend as much time there as I like. I will say that there is an upper limit on that. Last night I spent about 5 hours talking to Father and Lord Jesus because I was really upset and having a difficult time stabilizing. I was pushing my luck with that. I have stayed up all night with Him. Sometimes, He has punished me for doing that. He knows how damaged my mind is and how compromised my ability to deal with stress is, but I recommend only staying up all night if you have a specific request and you really want Him to hear you. I would only do that as a show of sincerity and not just because you have taken leave of your senses. 

Sometimes, the Lord will punish us. For me, this can be unpleasant feelings inside me. I know that isn't easy to explain, but it's like what David talked about-the hand of the Lord was heavy upon Him until he confessed His Sin and stopped being obstinate. Sometimes, the Lord will lock my spine about midway down where I can't fall asleep. If I try to fall asleep, the message will travel down my spine and hit that point and then it will shoot back up my spine rapidly and cause my whole body to jump in a painful way. I have been punished like that before. There is some grief to it. You can't blame the Lord for punishing you or get angry with Him over it. You have to accept your punishment and stay contrite. The best way I have found to deal with it is to endure and to just be really humble so that The Lord knows you aren't challenging Him or refusing to accept His Correction. It's important to learn how to do this in order to be a successful Christian. We all have to learn to navigate the roads of correction and instruction. 

The Lord is really concerned with us becoming very obedient to Him. This is a major tenant of Christian life. You have heard the song "Trust and Obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey." That's a really good song that speaks to the heart of this aspect of Christian living. We are to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice before the Lord and we are to do good to other people and teach them about the Lord. That is really important. We are also supposed to be obedient in a moments notice. A lot of the training that we go through with the Lord is to make us more and more obedient and to depend on the Lord completely. We have to let go of our own desires and be consumed with The Lord's will always seeking to know His Will for us. I talk about staying on our faces before the Lord. This was an aspect that has caused me some difficulty. I tend to be very willful and I want to be in control, but in the Christian life, it cannot be that way. Lord Jesus was our example and He was always obedient to Father's Will-even when it cost him the death of the cross. When we make a commitment to the Lord, we have to be likewise willing to make those commitments just as Lord Jesus did. That doesn't meant that Father will require a martyrs death from us, but we have to be willing to die for The Lord and His message. We have to be willing to go through the crucible of refining. The refining fire is NOT something we really want to go through. It's terrifying often from a human perspective. God is NOT cruel for putting us through this refining process. He is making us into the sons and daughters of God. That is a Great Honor and on the other side of it, we will be very glad that we went through what we were called to endure. This is sometimes a difficult thing to keep in mind as we are going through times of testing and stress. But, great honor and glory will be ours if we allow Father to mold us into the people that we ought to be. His Great Love for us motivates Him to start a work in us that He will finish. I am in the process of these things. Sometimes, I want to go home to Heaven. I want to be on the other side of it now. Father will in no way allow me that out. He demands that I stay here and finish. Sometimes that is so hard for me. This is what I signed up for, though. I have to keep trying. What we will be in not readily apparent from this side. If we could glimpse and feel that glory, I'm sure we would be more than willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that end. I know that it's all worth it. The struggle is very intense however. We war within ourselves and we have an enemy who discourages us. In the world we are living in today, it is difficult to get help from other people as we struggle through our Salvation Process. 

Is it worthwhile to be a Christian? Absolutely! The God of All Universes is My Father and He comes to my bedroom every night and listens to me tell Him everything in my heart and mind. He defends me and takes care of me. Sometimes, He Sovereignly changes something inside of me that isn't good. Sometimes, He Sovereignly changes things that other people feel. God can do anything, so All Things are Possible with Him. Trust is Hard, but you learn it as you walk through challenges. He demands that we trust Him blindly. I know it will be important. This training ground that we are in now is really rough, but Boot Camp always is. Walking 10 miles with blind trust takes practice and we have to learn. This is our job. I think the saddest thing is for a person to spend 50, 60, 70 years down here and to have wasted the opportunity. They will have suffered life's troubles and scorn, yet they will not have salvation waiting for them. That is the saddest thing. To have been down here and to accept the measly pleasures of this world as a reward-My God, what a waste. The Pleasures of Being with the Lord-even on earth-are worth going through the crucible. Don't you know that when we die and stand before Him, we want Father and Lord Jesus to love us more than we have ever wanted anything in our whole lives. In that moment, it will all become clear. You will see Your Creator and suddenly know what satan blinded you to the whole time you were down here. The eternal regret of that thing is so awful and so horrible. I don't even like thinking about it. 

The Christian life is difficult sometimes, but it's rewarding in ways that are difficult to describe. God has recreated my Spirit within me, which died when I first sinned. He is saving my soul. Sometimes, I think I won't be able to endure. Sometimes, all I can do is lie in my bed telling the Lord the pain I am going through. But, even in the most pain that I endure, He never leaves me. Even in the most suffering and even in death, He is right there with me. He is Amazing God and He does demand Obedience and Trust. He is not going to tell us everything that He is doing. But, He is Trustworthy and He is Kind and Loving. He disciplines His Children-even King David had to endure it. Don't give up. Someone came to support me this morning. I thank her. Tenderness goes so far. Everyone already knows everything I have written in this statement. None of this is secret-even to the unbelievers. They know. We are born knowing. 

The Narrow Way which leads to Life or the Broad Way that leads to destruction. God help us make that choice. It is right before each of us continually. 

Bun Bun, you are a mess and I wish I could just push a button and make it all better for you, but I can't.   You must seek the truth.  John 8:32 - And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

You are probably a good person but you have been deceived by your programming. Healing can be found through understanding the true nature of the destructive cult, their methods of control, and the long-lasting struggles you have endured.   After having been the target of undue influence for so many years, your pain is real.

Many former cult members experience a level of freedom after leaving their oppressive groups. Until their mind is free from the after-effects of authoritative control, however, they are still bound by the programmed response to situations and emotions. Finding peace of mind through freedom of thought control is critical to healing. By understanding how cult groups control behavior, information, thought, and emotion, and by understanding how to reverse programmed response, you too can find freedom of mind.

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires
— Nelson Mandela

BunBun    450

I know you guys don't think that Jesus corrects me, but I assure you that He does. It's not torture. I didn't say it was torture. It's correction. He has tabernacled with me. Sometimes, I probably torture Him by staying up all night talking. He's trying to get me not to do things like that. God has a lot of patience, but sometimes, He needs a break too. He's very good. We do have to learn to be obedient. 

BunBun    450

Lord Jesus lived His life here and He had very little. He knew that Satan would take everything away from Him before it was over. Lord Jesus laid down His Life for us. We are called to pick up our cross daily and follow Him. We should be sharing the Word with others. Lord Jesus had some unusual attitudes while He was here. He told the disciples that He told things in parables so that those who were not to be saved wouldn't understand and turn to Him. There are a lot of stories in the Bible about people having to learn to be obedient to the will of Father and Lord Jesus. This is part of our training with The Lord. Yes sometimes Satan is allowed to sift people but that isn't the thing I was talking about. The Lord refines us like precious metal in a furnace. We have to conform to the likeness of Lord Jesus. He is making us more and more like His Son. It's a process. Paul went through it and determined that it was glorious to be counted worthy to suffer for Lord Jesus sake. The Christian walk is good because God is with us and we are His. It is difficult because we are being formed in Jesus' image. There is constant growing and learning. Our self has to die and we become a new creation. It requires humbling ourselves before the Lord daily and following after Lord Jesus. We can no longer live for ourselves. We are bought with a price.