Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

New Study Says Giant Atlantic Wind Farm Could Power Entire World

Ukshep    25,376

A new research paper boldly suggests that one monumental floating wind farm in the north Atlantic could theoretically power our entire civilization.

"In the winter, North Atlantic wind farms could provide sufficient energy to meet all of civilization's current needs," claims the report, produced by atmospheric scientist Anna Possner and climatologist Ken Caldiera, published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"Even in the relative calm of summer, the upper geophysical limit on sustained wind power in the North Atlantic alone could be sufficient to supply all of Europe’s electricity,” the report reads.

https://www.rt.com/news/406276-atlantic-wind-farms-world-power/

Picklesnout    1,394

That would be nice.

Sometime, when every nut that wants to control humanity would not threaten to blow it up every 5 minutes, we should build one.

COBO Member    4,275

Something similar was proposed decades ago except the turbines were underwater tapping the power of the currents. Might be a hassle for subs to navigate through but there wouldn't be the complaints of ruining the seascape. Same as off-shore driiling.

COBO Member    4,275
16 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

That would be nice.

Sometime, when every nut that wants to control humanity would not threaten to blow it up every 5 minutes, we should build one.

Maybe that's why T. Boone Pickens' suggestion for windmills lining the proposed I-69 transnational highway got shelved. AFAIK, terrorism hasn't been a threat to other networks. Unless you count those pesky UFOs.

Carnivalpunk    527
35 minutes ago, OdinsEye said:

wave generators

Wind farm on the ocean....smh. Wave generators make more sense.

Ocean water can be turned into peroxide and the peroxide used as fuel. The salt is the electrolyte to make it all happen. The navy is powering a ship with this tech now. 

https://www.nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2012/fueling-the-fleet-navy-looks-to-the-seas

So they want to use wind..This idea blows on many levels. What happens in foul weather?

I feel Like Guam, it may tip over in high seas. I am writing the Congressman now about this tragedy at sea.

IF...I were to want to make an item that really has low costs I would focus on hot air..

Kind of like this idea...We now can produce the sound vessels strong enough to withstand our hurricane in a can.

Last night others complained about why no new technologies.

They simply don't want them..They do want a Tesla guy to destroy to take his ideas after death and engorge on massive profits.

I told them it was not worth it.

Sonic engines powered by gas and chemical reactions.

Anyways.

I think I may have been triggered by this posting.

They all want power but are stuck in the old ways of thinking.

The always go back to mechanical ways.

Look at Nuke plants...All to boil water to move a turbine.

Just stupid.

Now everybody wishes for lightning in the form of an idea to save the planet.

We know they can alter weather.

Where is the lightning rod?

Think maybe we could destabilize the atmosphere in a small area and collect the lightning by directing it with ....Heh.

The point is you could harness a continuous lightning strike.

No need to go back to mechanical when you can skip to the end and get the product you want.

Like I said earlier..Stupid.

You use those in infancy form to fuel the lightning strike.

Controlling the size and shape of each storm.

They know where these form.

Put the device near there.

Why is this so hard?

Because they make more the other way.