Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Spanish Police Deployed to Barcelona in Anticipation of Catalan Declaration of Independence Tuesday Evening

Police are guarding public buildings and closing off a park surrounding the regional Catalan parliament in Barcelona where a declaration of independence on Tuesday evening is likely to be met with a harsh response from Spanish central authorities.

Catalan president Carles Puigdemont hasn’t revealed the precise message he will deliver in a 6 p.m. (1600GMT) plenary session, but separatist politicians have said they expect a declaration based on the results of the disputed Oct. 1 independence referendum.

The separatists have declared valid the pro-independence victory in the vote, which was followed by mass protests of Catalans angered by heavy-handed police tactics.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/10/10/spanish-police-deployed-barcelona-anticipation-catalan-declaration-independence-tuesday-evening/

This is one party wanting a divorce from an abusive spouse. Let them go. And just what is the Spanish "authority" going to do as a harsh response?  Attack them?  If they were smart, they'd let them go and then try and establish true cooperation with them. But I don't know exactly what all the Spanish government is getting from Catalonia.  I guess no one wants to release their slaves in 2017?  

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I feel like I am waiting for it to start... that feels wrong!

i feel wrong too..but this shiit is going to pop off like some crazy shiit

46 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

i feel wrong too..but this shiit is going to pop off like some crazy shiit

I wish it could be avoided. Watching all of this every day is..... I just get tired of seeing suffering.

22 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I wish it could be avoided. Watching all of this every day is..... I just get tired of seeing suffering.

i am in shock that the police are even doing this

10 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

i am in shock that the police are even doing this

I would have been last year. You are going to become numb to it. Try not to lose your humanity. It's becoming hard not to.