Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

DarkKnightNomeD

YouTube bans gun modding tutorials after Las Vegas shooting

DarkKnightNomeD    2,152

:fkff:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/youtube-bans-gun-modding-tutorials-201900790.html

-

Following the deadly massacre in Las Vegas last week, YouTube has begun banning videos that depict tutorials on gun modification. According to a YouTube spokesperson, this was an expansion of an existing policy in the wake of the Vegas shooting to prohibit videos that demonstrate "how to convert firearms to make them fire more quickly." The spokesperson said the company has "long had a policy against harmful and dangerous content." That includes videos that are trying to sell or promote firearms, as well as conversion devices and a device called a bump stock.

Bump stocks were attached to 12 of the rifles found in the Las Vegas gunman's hotel room. The modification enables semi-automatic weapons to fire faster. The National Rifle Association said recently that it would support a restriction on bump stocks, but that it opposed an outright ban.

After the shooting, YouTube said it took a closer look at the videos in question (that teach how to adapt semi-automatics)

Cinnamon    28,895

We've GOT to get away from Youtube! They're useless now. And they can ban all the fn vids they want on that, there are other ways to find out how to do all this stuff besides them. 

Cinnamon    28,895
1 minute ago, Carnivalpunk said:

Please make it so we can embed videos from a couple other sites. They are deleting yalls videos as well. Please stop feeding them. 

We're trying to find out what the software developer can do for this issue, might take awhile for them to do an update, but as soon as we can do it, we will. I'm sure we're not the only one using this software that wants other options, that'll help, strength in numbers!

Groove    2,344

I say they were looking for an excuse to ban these things. I still haven't seen a pic of a bump fire stock on every weapon. From what I've seen only one had a bump stock. I just have a feeling the media a covering something big up with this shooting and that the FBI need to move out of the way and let the sheriff take over.