Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

DarkKnightNomeD

Las Vegas was Belt Fed MG's

Depending on the user and how they hold the weapon the rate of fire can change. Listen for the changes.

This video shows the rate slowing down at the end.

This video shows fast and slow.

This video shows a non M240 and sounds like Paddocks weapon.

9 minutes ago, King Candy said:

Depending on the user and how they hold the weapon the rate of fire can change. Listen for the changes.

This video shows the rate slowing down at the end.

This video shows fast and slow.

This video shows a non M240 and sounds like Paddocks weapon.

These vids are lacking mightily. Especially that 3rd one, the guy couldn't even shoot the gun properly he didn't know what he was doing and there is no comparison to the belt fed shooting. 

I would other then the sound disregard the M240 theory. There was no mentioned or  evidence of an M240 in the leaked/released photos let alone the 7.62 caliper ammo it uses.

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

These vids are lacking mightily. Especially that 3rd one, the guy couldn't even shoot the gun properly he didn't know what he was doing and there is no comparison to the belt fed shooting. 

Check out the m60.

1 hour ago, King Candy said:

I would other then the sound disregard the M240 theory. There was no mentioned or  evidence of an M240 in the leaked/released photos let alone the 7.62 caliper ammo it uses.

You mean those staged photo's......

8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

This should put the bump stock to bed for good.

YUP!

and they forget the most important part of a bump stock, you loose accuracy, shoots fast but you can't hit the broad side of a barn let alone PEOPLE running at 400 yds!! LOL NO-way!!

Rate of fire and the timbre of the report(s) go a long way in determining what weapon is used. From the beginning, I've stated my belief that something heavier than a .223 was used. Bump-stock on an AR-10 (.308)?

5 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Rate of fire and the timbre of the report(s) go a long way in determining what weapon is used. From the beginning, I've stated my belief that something heavier than a .223 was used. Bump-stock on an AR-10 (.308)?

The gun with a scope was either a .308 like you said or it was a .243 hard to tell because all we saw was loaded mags laying on the ground.  If he had used the heavy rounds there would have been a lot more dead than wounded.