Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Neon Nettle and YourNewsWire are HOAX SITES!

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    28,895

I have been caught up by them and so have many others here. We don't censor web site addressed on here that are news sites, but if there were 2 that I ever wanted to filter out, it's those 2. 

If you post articles from there, double and triple check their sources if they even offer any besides links that take you all around their own sites. Click the links they cite in their articles and you will see. 

Most of their articles posted here end up getting marked as HOAXES. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Alluvial    641

And BeforeItsNews?  And some others.  Actually  BIN is more like YourNewsWire.

Neon Nettle however is for sure hoax stuff, like things you read in that one fake paper in the store, whats it called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,895
14 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

And BeforeItsNews?  And some others.  Actually  BIN is more like YourNewsWire.

Neon Nettle however is for sure hoax stuff, like things you read in that one fake paper in the store, whats it called.

I actually made a huge list of them at one point, but these two seem to be the ones most cited here lately, so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 apache54    6,049
7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I actually made a huge list of them at one point, but these two seem to be the ones most cited here lately, so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,406
8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I actually made a huge list of them at one point, but these two seem to be the ones most cited here lately, so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. 

We actually need a public list. Will pm you about this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    1,591
11 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I have been caught up by them and so have many others here. We don't censor web site addressed on here that are news sites, but if there were 2 that I ever wanted to filter out, it's those 2. 

If you post articles from there, double and triple check their sources if they even offer any besides links that take you all around their own sites. Click the links they cite in their articles and you will see. 

Most of their articles posted here end up getting marked as HOAXES. 

 

I notice  "Your News Wire" does not update their front page very often.  There is some content in the side bar on the right that has been there for 6 months or so.

It's a strange site, I do not check it often.  I may check things there even less now.

:Mother-Of-God-Meme-PNG-180x180:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,406
11 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

There is some content in the side bar on the right that has been there for 6 months or so.

Keeping the content that gets the most clicks up on keywords :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Carnivalpunk    527

Can we add hal to the hoax sites.

See a few of his disinfo pieces on the front page now. 

Can anything be done about it? 

Maybe lock them because of hoax or just garbage bin them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,895
5 minutes ago, Carnivalpunk said:

Can we add hal to the hoax sites.

See a few of his disinfo pieces on the front page now. 

Can anything be done about it? 

Maybe lock them because of hoax or just garbage bin them.

Anything that can be proven to be a hoax is marked as such. We get things like FBI digging up bodies on Clinton's land and it's the Kennedy's property and totally false, stuff like that. If it can be totally proven, we'll mark it. I don't like Turner and a lot of others, but we can't just start deleting things like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,406
34 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Anything that can be proven to be a hoax is marked as such. We get things like FBI digging up bodies on Clinton's land and it's the Kennedy's property and totally false, stuff like that. If it can be totally proven, we'll mark it. I don't like Turner and a lot of others, but we can't just start deleting things like that. 

If you remind me on I'll make finish up the public list at least :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×