Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Which is more powerful? Negative or Positive?

Cinnamon    28,944

It's easier to have a negative attitude than a positive one. 

It's easier to whine about problems than to appreciate what you already have. 

Good news is not interesting to most people, they will go for the bad news most of the time. 

Or maybe I'm just not very evolved?  I just can't stop trying to solve a problem when there really is one, no matter what else is going on.  I focus on it so I can get rid of it. So is that negative? I think it's positive since that's what I'm trying to do is end negative and make life more positive. 

I'm mentioning this because most people talk about all their problems and not much about what's good in their lives. 

Uncle Thanky    2,217
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I just can't stop trying to solve a problem when there really is one, no matter what else is going on.  I focus on it so I can get rid of it. So is that negative?

I don't think so.

Picklesnout    1,412

Both can be excellent motivators. 

Your personal intention for outcome can use either tool. If I talk about a problem with someone, it is to see if they may have a new view that might offer a solution I had not considered. This board is enjoyable for me because we have so many minds working to make the world a better place.

It seems folks that do not want to solve their problems, but almost..revel in it or celebrate it just function like that.

" Look! Just look at how horrible my life is! " - I have associates that do this. I do not engage with them often. It becomes a broken script, same issues continue even if I did not see them for months. How can they be happy? But, they don't fix it, so...

I just can't understand. They are not wrong, we just have different value assignments.

I will look at a car wreck while passing, can't help it.

I may click a 10 scariest moments or such video, but I have been more careful with that lately. I don't really want/need that crap in my brain breeding thoughts.

Blipkints    411

Think of dominoes being choices we make in every instance , you make a choice or push the dominoe over causing a chain reaction.  The intent in the choice we make continues down the chain, be that neg or pos.

I treat someone like crap, they go off annoyed etc and on down the line....

There is a lot to say about forgivness because that is how neg chain reaction can be broken. I guess?😁

Cinnamon    28,944
1 minute ago, Mjolnirswrath23 said:

There is another force neutral the observer the form one strains when observations of both positive and negative

I can do the neutral force when I am threatened, life threatening things. Like plane crashes, car wrecks, drowning, etc. I never get positive or negative when in a life threatening situation. Maybe cuz I don't want to die screaming like everyone else does? lol I don't know. But that is not an ability I possess when I'm dealing with every day mundane problems, I let emotions get involved in that when I know I shouldn't. 

I'm not afraid to die but I'm terrified of a paperwork screwup... shakes my head at myself and kinda laughs. 

Lucy Barnable    5,393
3 hours ago, Uncle Thanky said:

As too which is more powerful?

They are equally powerful.

It is our use of them that is imbalanced.

:iagree:

You never really know when you're having good luck.

Say you get a flat tire and that makes you late. That could create negative emotions.
But had you not, had you been on time, you may have been hit by a bus down the road.

Cinnamon    28,944
7 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

It seems folks that do not want to solve their problems, but almost..revel in it or celebrate it just function like that.

I know people like that. And I'm a fixer kind of person so if you tell me something is wrong, my brain goes into fix it mode. I finally figured out they just want someone to listen to them and I can't be bothered if they don't take action themselves to fix it. 

Cinnamon    28,944
8 minutes ago, Blipkints said:

Think of dominoes being choices we make in every instance , you make a choice or push the dominoe over causing a chain reaction.

Thanks! That is great advice and I am going to keep that in mind! 

That's how I see it too or more of shit happens and usually for a reason besides I carry a compressor fully charged and tools necessary n the car that i f needed I can rebuild an engine or transmission in side of road be prepared was something u was always taught.