Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

University Offers Marijuana Degree...

Ukshep    25,406

Alex Roth has gotten into the habit of pulling out his cellphone and showing skeptical friends a screen shot of the classes he’ll have to take to get his bachelor of science degree from Northern Michigan University.

“When they hear what my major is, there are a lot of people who say, 'Wow, cool dude. You’re going to get a degree growing marijuana,’ ” said the 19-year-old sophomore at Northern Michigan University in Marquette. “But it’s not an easy degree at all.”

His four-year medicinal plant chemistry degree — geared toward the burgeoning marijuana business that is about to explode in Michigan next year — includes classes such as organic chemistry, biochemistry, soils, biology, gas and liquid chromatography, biostatistics, genetics, accounting, financial management and perspectives on society.

Other colleges and universities — such as Harvard, University of Denver, Vanderbilt University and Ohio State University — offer a variety of classes on marijuana policy and law.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/09/marijuana-degree-northern-michigan-university/745964001/

This feels overly specialized for a degree. Shouldn't botany be enough?

Cinders77    417
20 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

This feels overly specialized for a degree. Shouldn't botany be enough?

Not when the goal is to adulterate the purity of the plant's medical properties so someone can patent the end result and make LOTS of money.  :grumph:

Ukshep    25,406
2 minutes ago, Cinders77 said:

Not when the goal is to adulterate the purity of the plant's medical properties so someone can patent the end result and make LOTS of money.  :grumph:

It's not rocket science :D ... Not that I have experience. No not I!

Cinders77    417
25 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

It's not rocket science

If they're requiring all that education, it actually might be closer to rocket science than we think!  :blink:

vegascraps    91
1 hour ago, Cinders77 said:

Isn't that basically hashish, which has been around forever

There's hash, tinctures, and shatter now (which is just another name for full-melt hash)

Also there's rosin, which is pressed from the raw plant, probably one of the best marijuana products to ingest or smoke.

I got my pot card, I'm legit now. :-) 

Tons of people are still against it, but meh. Use whatever works for you- if it's booze & opiates then at least we know what to expect for the future: more of the same.

Cinders77    417
5 hours ago, vegascraps said:

Isn't that basically hashish, which has been around forever

And what decade are you living in...???   60's are over man. :hairy:

I'm sure there's some new fangled, crazy synthetic illegal drug  that can be produced by the pharmaceutical companies for those fighting "the war on drugs."  Or it could be some synthetic high dose drug to fight cancer and other deadly diseases.  Only catch is each dose will be $20,000 each.  (Not unheard of - my mother-in-law died of lung cancer and her chemo cost $25,000 per bag  and she got it 2x per week.)

Reason?  Need more $$$ for the secret space war, black ops programs and luxury underground bunkers for the elite!