Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Intentionally Infecting Others with HIV No Longer a Felony in California

In a controversial move, California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill lowering the crime of deliberately exposing a sexual partner to HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor.

The measure comes just as an HIV-positive man in Scotland is being prosecuted for purposefully infecting a number of his Grindr dates with the virus, by insisting on “unprotected sex” or using perforated condoms.

After sex, 26-year-old Daryll Rowe would reportedly send “mocking text messages” to partners boasting he was HIV positive.

Maybe you have the fever. I came inside you and I have HIV LOL. Oops! Rowe texted to one partner, while he reportedly said to another in a phone call, I ripped the condom. You’re so stupid. You didn’t even know.

Rowe is now facing charges of “infecting four men with the virus and attempting to infect a further six,” a crime considered “Grievous Bodily Harm” in the United Kingdom, carrying a maximum sentence of life in prison.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/09/intentionally-infecting-others-with-hiv-no-longer-a-felony-in-california/

Erm... No! You do that to someone knowingly and you should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

24 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

I really hope Brown gets a dose of his own medicine!

Well.. That would surely change his mind!

California is going to be ground zero for a major plague. I guess it is one way to get rid of the homosexual and non white population...

That's not all...

New California law allows sex offenders to be removed from registry

Ninety percent of California sex offenders will no longer be required to register with law enforcement for life under a bill that Gov. Jerry Brown signed Friday.

The change is one of several sweeping alterations to the state’s 70-year-old registry contained in SB384 by Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco.

The bill allows most sex offenders to petition beginning in 2021 to be removed from both the public and the police registries 10 to 20 years after they are released from prison, as long as they have not committed another serious or violent felony or sex crime.

Brown had previously indicated he would sign the reform, which for years stalled amid pushback from reluctant lawmakers who did not want to be seen as soft on crime. The bill was pushed by law enforcement agencies, that argued that California’s sex offender registry is so large that officers and the public can’t determine who is at high risk for reoffending. The registry has 100,000 sex offenders — meaning 1 in 400 Californians is on it.
-----
LGBTQ groups like Equality California supported the bill, saying the changes will help gay and lesbian people who were targeted by police for crimes like consensual sex among adults in a park.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/California-law-sex-offenders-Jerry-Brown-12259564.php?ipid=articlerecirc

Bill author Scott Weiner:

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/scott-wiener-hed-2016.png