Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Spain warns it will act if Catalonia declares independence...

Ukshep    25,443

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy warned anew Monday that Spain will not be divided by a declaration of independence from Catalonia and said the government is ready to respond to any such attempt.

Catalan regional President Carles Puigdemont plans to address the Catalan parliament on Tuesday evening to debate the current political situation. Separatist politicians say there will be a declaration of independence for the northeastern region of 7.5 million during that session, although some ruling coalition lawmakers say the move could be simply "symbolic."

Still, Rajoy was being as explicit as possible in warning that the national government in Madrid would not stand for such a declaration.

"Spain will not be divided and the national unity will be preserved. We will do everything that legislation allows us to ensure this," Rajoy told the German newspaper Die Welt. "We will prevent this independence from taking place."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spain-warns-act-catalonia-declares-independence-094936302.html

You know something is going to happen. I watched a video the other day where catalonia police defended citizens from the spanish military. I thought it was honorable but also a sickening feeling came with it. Watching a peoples public servants go up against each other like that.... Still... Spain needs catalonia. Something will happen I fear if they declare independence.

This has got to work into the global scene somehow!

Ukshep    25,443
Just now, IRONMAN1959 said:

Good luck with that!

Yep! Catalonia will not go quietly into the night!

kbet    844

The Spanish have no interest in allowing their semi autonomous plantation to break free. The Spanish are a poor, brutal, morally bankrupt people, that can only prosper by putting their boots on another's throat. 

Ukshep    25,443
1 hour ago, kbet said:

The Spanish have no interest in allowing their semi autonomous plantation to break free. The Spanish are a poor, brutal, morally bankrupt people, that can only prosper by putting their boots on another's throat. 

Even when that throat is a fellow Spaniard's!

Cinnamon    28,918

It's 1861 for them. Probably us too, in the not too distant future, but not for reasons of secession. I'm on Catalonia's side! 

askakido    329
4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Yep! Catalonia will not go quietly into the night!

Will the King of Spain and his parliament go quietly into the night?

Ukshep    25,443
4 minutes ago, askakido said:

Will the King of Spain and his parliament go quietly into the night?

I don't see them backing down if I'm honest! They need the economic benefit....

askakido    329
12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It's 1861 for them. Probably us too, in the not too distant future, but not for reasons of secession. I'm on Catalonia's side! 

The U.N.s right of Referendum it what is driving the Catalonians on.   The same that was the case with the Crimea, the East Ukraines, the Kurds.

The same Law of Referendum for Independence is a Divorce Decree available to the U.N. International Law. 

There are the peoples of 21 States of the United States of America that have expressed a desire to execute that same International Law, including Texas and California, and Hawaii.   

Tread carefully people of Earth.

askakido    329
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I don't see them backing down if I'm honest! They need the economic benefit....

Clarify, by them you mean the Catalonians?

Ukshep    25,443
3 minutes ago, askakido said:

Clarify, by them you mean the Catalonians?

By them I mean Spain. I think Catalonia is such a great economic benefit to Spain that they cannot afford to let Catalonia leave.

askakido    329
Just now, Ukshep said:

By them I mean Spain. I think Catalonia is such a great economic benefit to Spain that they cannot afford to let Catalonia leave.

Thank you for the clarification.  I tend to agree with your estimation there.