Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Detroit Firefighter Fired for Bringing ‘Racially Insensitive’ Watermelon to Work

Ukshep    25,442

A Detroit firefighter was fired before he officially began his first day on the job for bringing a watermelon to work.

Robert Pattison, 41, introduced himself to his fellow firefighters at Engine 55 at the corner of Joy and Southfield in Detroit by bringing a welcome gift, WJBK reported.

Second Battalion Chief Shawn McCarty calls this welcome gift “a tradition” for Engine 55’s firefighters.

“It’s not mandatory, it’s voluntary,” he said. “You come in bearing gifts. The usual gift is doughnuts, but you are allowed to bring whatever you want to bring in.”

Pattison, who was a probationary firefighter, decided to stand out from the crowd and bring a watermelon with a pink bow on top.

Some black firefighters were reportedly offended by Pattison’s gesture since 90 percent of the firefighters at Engine 55 are black.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/08/detroit-firefighter-fired-bringing-racially-insensitive-watermelon-work/

I can clearly see that he had no intention but this just goes to show how far into stupid we are. Everyone believes everyone else is attacking them. No one can just be who they are anymore without the nagging of thought police because someone took something is an offensive manner!

The Gent    890

Boy, I'm sure glad these good folks down in my neck of the South ain't as easily offended, as those Northern folks (There's An OxyMoron In There I Think)...as we wouldn't have such wonderful celebrations and festivals...and good 'Ol fellowship :happy:

And now I present...:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

askakido    329
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

I can clearly see that he had no intention but this just goes to show how far into stupid we are. Everyone believes everyone else is attacking them. No one can just be who they are anymore without the nagging of thought police because someone took something is an offensive manner!

Take off that Crown, Shep, its offensive... its Racist (tm) I'm calling the COP on you, what are you a King?  Think you are better than everyone else? :gsbrnint:

Seriously, what you have posted is exactly that,

How far into stupid we are.

CSB    2,445
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

I can clearly see that he had no intention but this just goes to show how far into stupid we are.

Not all of us are stupid you can see it so can I . Cold watermelon is great I love it . But I must say this PC crap is getting a little intense with all this kind of bullshit ..Equality what the hell is Equality when a country loses control of it's culture . 

Ukshep    25,442
3 minutes ago, askakido said:

Take off that Crown, Shep, its offensive... its Racist (tm) I'm calling the COP on you, what are you a King?  Think you are better than everyone else? :gsbrnint:

Seriously, what you have posted is exactly that,

How far into stupid we are.

It's less a status of being above you and more so a role of your protector. Kings should protect their people. I guess it depends on your perspective. My intentions are honorable. After all. Virtues are all we have. Without them we are animals.

askakido    329
Just now, CSB said:

Not all of us are stupid you can see it so can I . Cold watermelon is great I love it . But I must say this PC crap is getting a little intense with all this kind of bullshit ..Equality what the hell is Equality when a country loses control of it's culture . 

Its really FAKE-PC.  The mind programmers have been at this for decades trying to convince all that male is female, old is young, the Sun is the Moon, evil is good, etc.  Seems the insanity is a Force, but don't let that Force be with you.

Ukshep    25,442
Just now, askakido said:

Its really FAKE-PC.  The mind programmers have been at this for decades trying to convince all that male is female, old is young, the Sun is the Moon, evil is good, etc.  Seems the insanity is a Force, but don't let that Force be with you.

You should let the force be with you. We're the last jedi's if anything. Stay away from the sith lords though. They corrupt like no other.

askakido    329
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

It's less a status of being above you and more so a role of your protector. Kings should protect their people. I guess it depends on your perspective. My intentions are honorable. After all. Virtues are all we have. Without them we are animals.

As a Protector should be!    Let the Virtues be increased.

askakido    329
24 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Denn wer ist unsre Hoffnung oder Freude oder Krone des Ruhms? Seid nicht auch ihr es vor unserm HERRN Jesus Christus zu seiner Zukunft? (1Th 2:19 GLB)

-

For who is our hope or joy, or crown of glory? Are not you also present to us before our Lord Jesus Christ for His future?

Dan Lannon    833

Sounds a bit extreme.  If he had also brought some RC Cola, moon-pies and a bucket of KFC, then we might have a "situation".  :nodl: