Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

croix

YOU are the universe

I wanted to share some thoughts that I have carried me this past year in my life. The thoughts of purpose. Of reason. The notion of how we have been taught from generation to generation that in order for our lives to have value, there must be meaning for the occurrences both good and bad that come to pass. In this path we have all tread.

I take comfort in the words that have been expressed by Alan Watts. If you are not familiar with his thoughts/works, I would suggest searching a discourse of his entitled "How to get out of your own way." Discussions of how life is not necessarily linear in the construct of time, as man has created, but cyclical, just as we see in the chaos that is rising in the world today. Such issues aren't entirely original but rather, the same concentrated acts of various human beings towards the masses. Such examples are found in that video.

I take comfort in this brief clip, taken from a much longer talk he gave. I hope others might find it likewise moving. Your thoughts, as always, are most welcome.

10 hours ago, croix said:

I wanted to share some thoughts that I have carried me this past year in my life. The thoughts of purpose. Of reason. The notion of how we have been taught from generation to generation that in order for our lives to have value, there must be meaning for the occurrences both good and bad that come to pass. In this path we have all tread.

I take comfort in the words that have been expressed by Alan Watts. If you are not familiar with his thoughts/works, I would suggest searching a discourse of his entitled "How to get out of your own way." Discussions of how life is not necessarily linear in the construct of time, as man has created, but cyclical, just as we see in the chaos that is rising in the world today. Such issues aren't entirely original but rather, the same concentrated acts of various human beings towards the masses. Such examples are found in that video.

I take comfort in this brief clip, taken from a much longer talk he gave. I hope others might find it likewise moving. Your thoughts, as always, are most welcome.

My only critique is linguistic in nature. Uni-verse implies that there is only only frame of reference from which you can potentially view, and is conceptually linear in nature. 

Saying that we are the multiverse which exists from multiple perspectives (songs) at once would make more sense. :) 

When I do my meditation I not only reach out to the universe, but to all planes of existence. Gotta cover all my bases :)

Or is Uni-verse referring to the only way to view such an experience and just as we see in current msm narratives, falsehoods are created to distract from a true perspective? 😏