The Gent

Longest War in US History Turns 16 – Thousands Dead, No End in Sight and It’s Getting Worse

October 8, 2017

On October 7th 16 years ago, less than one month after 9/11, President George W. Bush delivered a televised address from the White House announcing the beginning of the Afghanistan War.

On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan, he said.

What Bush did not say was the fact that the War in Afghanistan would become the longest war in United States history. Thousands of American lives and billions of taxpayer dollars would be wasted at the expense of the U.S. war machine, and the “War on Terrorism” would only create more terrorism as a result.

Over 31,000 civilian deaths have been documented in Afghanistan following the U.S. invasion. It should be noted that over the last few years, civilian deaths have substantially increased—which serves as a reminder that the situation is only getting worse.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan began documenting civilian casualties in 2009. The combined number of civilians who were killed and injured that year was nearly 6,000. The number has steadily increased over the years, and in 2016, it reached a record high with nearly 3,500 killed and nearly 8,000 injured.

REST OF STORY HERE:

Sixteen (16) years....my how time seems to fly and Americans hard earned $$$$$$$$ as well, not to mention, our men and women in service dead or messed-up & putting us the people in the cross-hairs of revenge/retaliation over this BS......on our own soil :angry:

And don't get me started on the scam known as "War On Drugs".......:naughty:

Edited by The Gent

38 minutes ago, The Gent said:

And don't get me started on the scam known as "War On Drugs".......:naughty:

AGREED,

me neither,  we need a new non corrupt government!!

I thought I saw an end to it back in 2011 during my first tour over there, but than I realized it was nothing more than a sand twister.

I suppose as long as people are still willing to sign on to the military, these wars will continue. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't see an end to any of these wars. I only see more coming. 

There was NEVER to be an end to the war on terror!  The Military Industrial Complex saw this as the golden goose!

25 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

There was NEVER to be an end to the war on terror!  The Military Industrial Complex saw this as the golden goose!

:kaneclap:

• Like 1

War.....it's just what America does.  From the beginning, till present, until the end. The only part of, blessed to be born here, that sucks. Sad ain't it!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.