Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Women physically abuse men too. Smashing a Stereotype.

Cinnamon    28,944

I have these neighbors that are a couple.  It's been crazy around here today.  First I hear a man yelling "Call the police."  So, I did, once I figured out where they were.  The cops show up and the guy had gone. Come to find out, later, she had stolen 2000.00 out of his wallet and his truck keys last night while he was asleep.  He left on foot. When the cops got there, the woman proceeded to wrap them around her little finger claiming he had beaten her up the weekend before.  But what the cops didn't know was that she attacked him and he has as many bruises as she does and a big black eye to go with the rest. He had run away to a friend's house who luckily got pictures of his injuries.  She had been arrested last November for domestic abuse on the same guy. But the cops didn't know that either. 

So, then, the guy calls a tow truck to get his truck for him because she won't give him his keys.  She told the towtruck driver that it was her truck and she lost the registration, but she had stolen it out of the truck, so the guy couldn't prove it was his. So this gigantic tow truck leaves and no truck on it. I'm watching all this nonsense go on. 

So about an hour later I hear this yelling again and go outside. The woman jumps in the passenger seat and starts the truck. The guy was back trying to get his truck once more. She wouldn't get out of the truck. So he grabbed his keys and took off down the road on foot. She started chasing him and grabbed him like a wrestler and he was yelling "Let me go, Let me go!" I was watching this so I yelled, hey b*tch! Turn him loose right now or I'm calling the cops and I'll be a witness to what you're doing.  She let him go so fast you wouldn't believe it. And I said, you need to get the f**k outta this neighborhood now, b*tch and I mean now!  

With that distraction he took off down the mountain on foot once more, still no truck. And she yells back "He beat me up."  I said, no he didn't. How can you lie right to my face when I just saw what you did?  She just kept saying the same thing. 

So anyway, I came back inside and was reading some doom.  Next thing, a knock. It's the cops and saying they got a call from my address in the last 30 minutes and that was why they came there. I called like 2 hours before but not that time. How weird is that? 

Anyway, I got a chance to tell them what I saw her doing to him because they want to arrest him  for domestic violence. It was a little disconcerting how they instantly ASSumed he was offensive and not defensive.  I've known this guy for probably 8 years and know his EX that lived there until this other woman moved in there, never anything like that happened. And this newb is a meth head to boot. wtf? 

I just wanted to smash that stereotype that only men beat women, it also happens the other way around. Anyway, after I talked to the cop, I called the guy so they could talk and he said he wouldn't actively look for him, and to get his truck when she isn't looking. My good deed for the day, I guess? 

Anyway, he's sneaking back over later tonight to get his truck right quick after dark.  So much drama!  I hate that kind of stuff. 

So that's what I've been doing, hope your day was less eventful than this! 

Picklesnout    1,412

Women can be vicious AND manipulative. Guys are not immune and might be even more vulnerable because of not wanting to report it, and of police not being able to discern truth, and just going with a sterotype.

Not like the LEO's job isn't tuff enough, right? 3rd party info might be the deciding factor in those cases. Good for you for sticking up for him.

Cinnamon    28,944
5 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

Women can be vicious AND manipulative. Guys are not immune and might be even more vulnerable because of not wanting to report it, and of police not being able to discern truth, and just going with a sterotype.

Not like the LEO's job isn't tuff enough, right? 3rd party info might be the deciding factor in those cases. Good for you for sticking up for him.

Yep, and I've heard that domestic violence cases are the ones they hate the most and are the most dangerous ones.  I wasn't going to let that go. 

Lucy Barnable    5,393

Yep. Years ago I lived in an apartment and a woman across the way beat the crap out of her husband. The cops would get called and she'd cry and make some crap up about how abusive he was but I never heard him raise his voice. Then he was gone. I saw him in the parking lot with one of his friends picking up his kid a few weeks later and he told me she called on him and he was arrested. He said he pushed her to get her off of him and she fell over the coffee table but landed on the couch so she wasn't hurt. He said he told that to the police and that was all it took. Didn't matter that he was the one with bruises. He said he was living in his truck because she got a restraining order and had to go through a third party to see his son. He was a really nice guy too, always friendly, but she was a total b*tch! I guess he stayed with her because of the boy. 

:(

Cinnamon    28,944
20 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yep. Years ago I lived in an apartment and a woman across the way beat the crap out of her husband. The cops would get called and she'd cry and make some crap up about how abusive he was but I never heard him raise his voice. Then he was gone. I saw him in the parking lot with one of his friends picking up his kid a few weeks later and he told me she called on him and he was arrested. He said he pushed her to get her off of him and she fell over the coffee table but landed on the couch so she wasn't hurt. He said he told that to the police and that was all it took. Didn't matter that he was the one with bruises. He said he was living in his truck because she got a restraining order and had to go through a third party to see his son. He was a really nice guy too, always friendly, but she was a total b*tch! I guess he stayed with her because of the boy. 

:(

Now that the guy is gone, he's left his trash for the rest of us on the mountain to deal with. lol 

Lucy Barnable    5,393
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Now that the guy is gone, he's left his trash for the rest of us on the mountain to deal with. lol 

Terrible!
It's not easy to get someone who doesn't want to leave out either.
He'll have to go through the full eviction process if she won't go.

Cinnamon    28,944
Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Terrible!
It's not easy to get someone who doesn't want to leave out either.
He'll have to go through the full eviction process if she won't go.

He's just going to leave her there. Or I'll see how co-dependent they are if he goes back there and lives with her again. He got everyone he knows involved in this thing today, so if he tries to go back he's going to burn some bridges. I'm not doing anything else to help him if he goes back there. And she can't afford the house, unless she gets like 10 roommies. lol

Lucy Barnable    5,393
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

He's just going to leave her there. Or I'll see how co-dependent they are if he goes back there and lives with her again. He got everyone he knows involved in this thing today, so if he tries to go back he's going to burn some bridges. I'm not doing anything else to help him if he goes back there. And she can't afford the house, unless she gets like 10 roommies. lol

If it's a rental I would complain to the owner about her.
The sooner the eviction papers are served the better... 10 roomies!

:scream1:

Cinnamon    28,944
2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

If it's a rental I would complain to the owner about her.
The sooner the eviction papers are served the better... 10 roomies!

:scream1:

It's not cheap to live here, I got lucky because the market was in the tank at that time. That one is a rental. There's never any problems between homeowners around here, since I got this house. It's always renters. I guess because they figure they're short term and don't care. There was a renter that was a neighbor from hell but that house got sold and a nice 30 something couple and 2 kids live there now, very cool. I stopped writing books when he was there, between his 5 pitbulls and boxers barking 14 hours a day and his grind core maxed, even my double pane windows couldn't keep the noise out. lol So glad that's over. I feel sorry for the people he lives around now, but better them than me! 

Lucy Barnable    5,393
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It's not cheap to live here, I got lucky because the market was in the tank at that time. That one is a rental. There's never any problems between homeowners around here, since I got this house. It's always renters. I guess because they figure they're short term and don't care. There was a renter that was a neighbor from hell but that house got sold and a nice 30 something couple and 2 kids live there now, very cool. I stopped writing books when he was there, between his 5 pitbulls and boxers barking 14 hours a day and his grind core maxed, even my double pane windows couldn't keep the noise out. lol So glad that's over. I feel sorry for the people he lives around now, but better them than me! 

OMG...
Pitbulls and grind core!

:scream1: :scream1:

Yeah renters can be really bad; especially the section 8 ones.
They seriously don't care and always totally trash the place.

Cinnamon    28,944
1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

OMG...
Pitbulls and grind core!

:scream1: :scream1:

Yeah renters can be really bad; especially the section 8 ones.
They seriously don't care and always totally trash the place.

He's a bad pit owner, I think the dogs will eat him and his wife one day. :) 

Lucy Barnable    5,393
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

He's a bad pit owner, I think the dogs will eat him and his wife one day. :) 

I've heard pitbulls have really long memories.
If they're treated badly as a puppy they can turn anytime.
The few I've met have been nice but I'm leary of strange ones.