Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

The Chosen One

Oh the webs they weave as the callouts beckon!

At those who created video!

Modern equivalent of a ritual sacrifice. You know, the usual stuff. Like grooming a virgin for 16 years and then putting her on a stone slab and ripping her heart out.

But also, a well thought-out psyop.

Shrewed...

Me likey!

Also a good understanding of basic human psychology. Because, if there's one thing this is going to guarantee, it's that anybody stupid enough to try and save the human race in the future is going to be ridiculed and laughed right off the stage before they even deliver their first line... which, funnily enough, is exactly what I had in mind all along!

These guys must be mind readers!

You know... there's stuff that one has to do as a part of his job, and then, there's stuff one does out of sheer joy... and the two don't have to be in line. Quite the contrary.

---

It  is  the  duty  of  a  nagual,  therefore,  to  test  his  warriors.

Don  Juan  commented  that it  took  incidents  like  this  to  test  whether  a  nagual  is  the  real thing  or a  fake.  Naguals make  decisions.  With  no  regard  for  the  consequences  they  take  action  or  choose not  to.  Imposters  ponder  and  become  paralyzed.

"We  wanted  to  test you  and  find  out  what sort  of  a  man  you  really  are,"

"I  told  you,  I  wanted  to  test  you,  to  see  if  you  are  resourceful.  You are.  In  fact,  you  are  quite  clever,  I  may  say."

"Don't  admire  people  from  afar,"  he  said.  "That is  the  surest way  to  create  mythological beings.  Get close  to  your  professor,  talk  to  him,  see what  he's  like  as a  man.  Test him.  If  your professor's behavior  is  the  result  of  his  conviction  that he  is a  being  who  is  going  to  die,  then everything  he  does,  no  matter  how  strange,  must  be  premeditated  and  final.  If  what he  says  turns out  to  be  just  words,  he's  not  worth  a  hoot."

---

Notice a very specific word appearing in all those quotes?

On a side note, regarding the last quote...

How do you approach somebody who doesn't want to touch you with a ten-foot pole? You put them under surveillance... after all else fails.

And how do you let somebody, that you don't want to touch with a ten-foot pole, approach you? You let them put you under surveillance... which was your intention all along, if you'd had it planned out right.

Btw, what do you do with people who keep failing all your tests, every single time?

I really do think everybody knows the answer to that one.

15 hours ago, Uncle Thanky said:

They're Doomed!

Indeed, masses of people can now be slaughtered with impunity.

34 minutes ago, RaXz said:

Indeed, masses of people can now be slaughtered with impunity.

That right there fills me with pain for others!