Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Do They Know Something? JPM Updates By-Laws In Case Of Huge US Event

Side bar to this:

My brother is in a group home for traumatic brain injury.  I attended a meeting there a few months back to go over his plan of care. 

Anyway, I had to sign a bunch of documents and one of them was a document about what would happen during a disaster in the US.  Basically, they stop services IMMEDIATELY and all these clients are on their own.  I was taken aback because when you try to talk to most folks, they don't want to talk about the sh-t coming down.  But here we are with a legal document telling me it's expected that something will happen - eventually.  So legally, they're prepared to wipe their hands of whatever the end result is.

Some of my brother's housemates are in wheelchairs and completely incapacitated!  I guess people in group homes like this will be left to die.  Particularly those who have no family nearby or who care about them.

If a social services organization knows something will happen, it's no surprise that a banking organization will do everything they can to protect themselves.