Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.
RhetoricalRebel

Nate aims at New Orleans: Will pumps to drain the city work?

RhetoricalRebel    1,344

There is now high confidence, that Nate will impact New Orleans as a CAT 1 storm according to forecast and spaghetti models. The following is an interesting article about the city's readiness for the storm

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — When Tropical Storm Nate formed and forecasts put New Orleans in its projected path for this weekend, one big question loomed for residents and business owners: Will the pumps work?

"That's now a thought in everybody who lives in New Orleans," said Devin Shearman, a manager at Katie's restaurant and lounge, which flooded during an unexpected rainstorm Aug. 5. It was one of two flash floods this past summer that led to revelations about personnel and equipment problems at the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board, the agency that runs the pumping system that drains the city.

Some pumps weren't working. Some turbines that provide power to the pumps were down. There weren't enough people on hand to man the system.

"Since early August, we have made substantial progress," New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said of work to upgrade the city drainage system. But he warned at a Thursday news conference that extremely heavy rain and storm surge from Nate still could pose flood dangers.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Nate-aims-at-New-Orleans-amid-worries-about-12257592.php

The Gent    829

Here's my quick answer...

I would suggest folks start taking their stuff and stacking it high & dry...NOW!

And now a little tune for the mood.....:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Ukshep    17,194
58 minutes ago, vegascraps said:

Duh.....Let's build a city below sea level in a bowl and try to keep it from flooding :pulling-hair:

Not a bad idea, Drop me a few thousand feet under the sea or ground with a self sustainable environment :D

And I am a happy bunny!

RhetoricalRebel    1,344
10 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Not a bad idea, Drop me a few thousand feet under the sea or ground with a self sustainable environment :D

And I am a happy bunny!

If you have gills like a mermaid.:p

Ukshep    17,194
4 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

If you have gills like a mermaid.:p

Or a pressurized structure :D 

OneRonin    66
4 hours ago, periclymenoides said:

I bet it jumps up to cat 2 or better.  Does so much damage everyone forgets about multiple shooters

or higher :scary: