Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.
Ukshep

Massive Asteroid to Buzz Earth at Only An Eighth the Distance to the Moon October 12th

Ukshep    17,093

An asteroid measuring between 30 feet and 100 feet is set to pass Earth on October 12 at a distance of 27,000 miles—about an eighth of the distance to the Moon. This makes it one of the largest close approach asteroids to brush past Earth this year, and presents NASA with a valuable opportunity: To test out its planetary defense systems. The asteroid, named TC4, was discovered in 2012 and scientists have been tracking it ever since—until recently, it was thought TC4 could come within 4,200 miles from Earth’s surface.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asteroid-tc4-100ft-wide-space-105045851.html

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Planetary defense systems??

Yes I was on the final Select group till they found out the basement was too small to add other planetary defense warriors and mom won't buy me more pizza rolls because I'm alergic to the packaging..

it's been tuff with rejection like that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • WTF 1

The Gent    829
Just now, RhetoricalRebel said:

The US will use a gravity tractor and direct it to N. Korea.

kkrjdcgp.gif.e645f148ee0779ece20f169668ae9a19.gif

Erudite One    515

Lol if they had the ability to steer these things they wouldn't hit us at all.

IF they did ever steer it towards any country, the other nations of this world would call them on it, because the next steer target might just be them. That is not the case.

COBO Member    2,816

They must've used some super duper tech that is more accurate than anybody else has. Spaceweather.com still has it listed at 1/10th (0.1LD). Ummm...for any math-challenged, that's closer than the OP video title.

RhetoricalRebel    1,342
2 minutes ago, Erudite One said:

Lol if they had the ability to steer these things they wouldn't hit us at all.

IF they did ever steer it towards any country, the other nations of this world would call them on it, because the next steer target might just be them. That is not the case.

You don't think DARPA would weaponize asteroids if they could? All top secret of course. Have you seen "Salvation"?

http://www.cbs.com/shows/salvation/

Seems plausible,  (if they had the technology)

• Like 1

Erudite One    515
11 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

You don't think DARPA would weaponize asteroids if they could? All top secret of course. Have you seen "Salvation"?

http://www.cbs.com/shows/salvation/

Seems plausible,  (if they had the technology)

Plausible of course, glad we started this discussion. But don't you think it is also plausible that other nations would immediately call the culprit of doing such a thing because it can be used against any country? Like its North Korea today, it could be anyone tomorrow. More than one nation has DARPA stuff just like nuclear weapons... it is like M.A.D. but with meteorites instead.

Ukshep    17,093
30 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

The US will use a gravity tractor and direct it to N. Korea.

Probably! Not far fetched at this point! I did mention not long ago about bringing in an asteroid and where you would crash it.... Only adds to the minerals on site :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RhetoricalRebel    1,342
3 minutes ago, Erudite One said:

But don't you think it is also plausible that other nations would immediately call the culprit of doing such a thing because it can be used against any country?

Only if they know it. Our government excels at trying to hide all sorts of sh*t.  Eventually, somebody will find out, but after the fact. I don't really think they can do this but the question remains..... WTF is "Planetary defense systems"??

As far as I know, that's all theoretical.