Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheToolman

HAHAHA - Pregnant vegetarians are three times more likely to have kids who abuse drugs and alcohol, study finds

TheToolman    759

Interesting and funny at the same time.

Women who avoid meat during pregnancy dramatically raise the risk of their children becoming hooked on drugs and alcohol, according to new research.

A study from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism found that adolescents aged 15 whose mothers refrained from eating meat while they were pregnant were more prone to substance abuse.

Specifically, they were almost twice as likely to indulge in underage drinking and smoking, and nearly three times as likely to use cannabis.

While recent health trends reflect larger numbers of people converting to vegetarianism, researchers are warning of the adverse affects of the lifestyle that could harm children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4946396/Babies-vegetarian-women-likely-abuse-drugs.html

LuckyBolt    1,310

No link to the actual study?

I'm tired of these quasi, two paragraph "health articles" that push a particular product. i.e. The last one was coconut oil is bad, because you know, gmo grown veggie oil is way better.  But we all know why they pushed it.  Money.

Eat meat.

Don't eat meat.

Oh wait, our meat stocks are down, we need people to eat more meat.

You know what, eat whatever your body is hungry and craving for and make sure it's a good source.

Fvck these institutes that run on money given to them by big Corp.

Walk Softly    2,689
41 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

You know what, eat whatever your body is hungry and craving for

Thats what I do.  

I eat a lot of pop tarts, kidney beans and caramels.  

Lucy Barnable    5,030

Most vegetarians have a B12 deficiency while pregnant, as the vitamin is mainly available from meats and shellfish.

Vitamin B12 is essential for the body to metabolize folic acid, a nutrient vital for the development of a healthy fetus.

Because of this, the implementation of vegetarian foods that are B12-rich along with more widespread use of supplements could prove beneficial for pregnant vegetarians.

Most all western mothers are given prenatal supplements which are high in folic acid.
But oh wait, supplements are ineffective so eat shellfish. Oh wait, shellfish contain high levels of mercury.

Mercury and pregnancy

Mercury can damage many parts of your body, including your lungs, kidneys and nervous system (that includes the brain, spinal cord and nerves). It also can cause hearing and vision problems. How serious the damage is depends on how much mercury you’re exposed to. Babies exposed to mercury in the womb can have brain damage and hearing and vision problems.

https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/mercury.aspx

1 hour ago, LuckyBolt said:

You know what, eat whatever your body is hungry and craving for and make sure it's a good source.

Exactly!
I am a lifelong vegetarian but occasionally I'm pescatarian.
Sometimes I go years without eating fish but sometime I may eat it a couple times a months.

In other news...

Obese mothers five times more likely to have fat children:

Women who are overweight or lead a poor lifestyle before pregnancy are nearly five times as likely to have a child who is fat, a British study suggests.

Even before a woman conceives, a mother’s choices can have a startling impact with obesity, smoking and vitamin D deficiency caused by a bad diet among the risks, experts say. 

Together with excessive weight gain in pregnancy and failing to breastfeed, a child’s development can be affected dramatically.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2935744/Obese-mothers-five-times-likely-fat-children-Woman-s-lifestyle-conceiving-startling-impact.html

LuckyBolt    1,310

B vitamins are produced by bacteria in the gut. So, eat more fermented foods and maybe add a probiotic supplement.

But also, your body doesn't absorb B vitamins unless you get sleep.  When we deny our body sleep, the vitamin intake process and cell reparation can't happen.  So taking B supps will only make your wallet deficient.

People are B deficient because our sleep is shit. Same with D because we sit in front of a computer all day instead of the sun.  Magnesium as well because our soils are depleted of it.

These cucks need to go by the way of a farm combine so we can nourish our soils again.

Picklesnout    561

Were doomed from the start.

Nobody gets out alive.

Even Jesus had to go before conquering to risen.

You git what you git and you don't have a fit.

Pick a side and enjoy the ride.