Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Tennessee man stopped with 900 rounds of ammo, automatic weapons in car [Merged]

Cinnamon    22,921

Tennessee man stopped with 900 rounds of ammo, automatic weapons in car

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An East Tennessee man is facing multiple charges after 900 rounds of ammunition and automatic weapons were discovered in his vehicle during a traffic stop. 

The Washington County Sheriff's Office arrested 43-year-old Scott Edmisten of Johnson City. 

Deputies said Edmisten was going 55 mph in a 30 mph zone on Old Jonesborough Highway. When deputies turned on lights to stop him, they said he first sped up to about 80 mph, but stopped half a mile down the road. 

Deputies said they discovered his license was suspended, and he was taken into custody. 

While taking an inventory of the vehicle, they discovered a loaded .357 magnum, a loaded .45 semi automatic, a fully automatic AR rifle in .223 caliber, a fully automatic AR rifle in .308 caliber, over 900 rounds of ammunition, and survival equipment. 

<snip>

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/tennessee-man-stopped-with-900-rounds-of-ammo-automatic-weapons-in-car/618889976

Another man with a mission? 

askakido    329
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An East Tennessee man is facing multiple charges after 900 rounds of ammunition and automatic weapons were discovered in his vehicle during a traffic stop. 

The Washington County Sheriff's Office arrested 43-year-old Scott Edmisten of Johnson City. 

Deputies said Edmisten was going 55 mph in a 30 mph zone on Old Jonesborough Highway. When deputies turned on lights to stop him, they said he first sped up to about 80 mph, but stopped half a mile down the road. 

Deputies said they discovered his license was suspended, and he was taken into custody. 

While taking an inventory of the vehicle, they discovered a loaded .357 magnum, a loaded .45 semi automatic, a fully automatic AR rifle in .223 caliber, a fully automatic AR rifle in .308 caliber, over 900 rounds of ammunition, and survival equipment. 

<snip>

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/tennessee-man-stopped-with-900-rounds-of-ammo-automatic-weapons-in-car/618889976

Thou shalt not have the right to keep and bear arms.. seems to be the message.

Cinnamon    22,921

They try to give the impression all 900 rounds were for the fully auto weapon. At least that's my impression. Maybe we'll see lots of these kinds of stop and catch to keep everyone scared. 

dbeers02    196

900 rounds is scary? Lord I hope they don't come look at my stashes. None of my firearms are full auto though. One weekend out practicing you can blow thru several hundred rounds easily. 

Picklesnout    559

900 rounds is not alot, especially if you are going to the practice range. I will shoot a brick of 22 (500) in an afternoon, easy.

BUT

Never transport a weapon loaded, keep weapon and ammo separate, so you get to keep your stuff when stopped.

For a carry license, in my state, you may have the weapon on your person loaded, if not on you, then it is unloaded. Glove box and loaded, out of compliance, as it was explained to me by the issuing officer.

AztlanRising    499
17 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I'd say this is a "strategy of tension" news piece. Look for more like this, some of which go national, until the next massacre event™—and watch for the follow-ons to this piece to make mention of someone's Veteran Status™ or they may even say he's Active Duty™ or Reserves Status™

So the pattern is, white, mid-life (40s) to early retirement age, middle class, no criminal record other than traffic/other misdemeanors, and perhaps what DRFUDGE REPORT had in his above the pic headlines within the last ~day: has no online profiles™— wow, the next out of the blue mass killing lone wolf™ could be just about anyone, including my friends or myself!!!!! Everyone is a SUSPECT!!!! WE NEED THOSE METAL DETECTORS, BACKSCATTER MACHINES, WANDS & OTHER SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT DEPLOYED EVERYWHERE, EVEN IN PLACES WITH HIGH SECURITY, STAT!!!!!! :excl::excl::pouty-smiley-emoticon::excl::excl:

In other news™, there's this gem from ~4.5 years ago that perhaps has bearing here:

The NDAA Legalizes The Use Of Propaganda On The US Public

The newest version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes an amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on the American public, reports Michael Hastings of BuzzFeed.

The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion...

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

apache54    4,867
39 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - An East Tennessee man is facing multiple charges after 900 rounds of ammunition

Just because he had those weapons may or may not mean anything, and were they REALLY FULL auto?? I doubt that, but with all this aside, who was he?? maybe they activated several MK-ultra hitmen, or was he just a man who likes his guns?? I sometimes have that much ammo on me!! LOL just would not be speeding and I am NOT under any MK-ultra spells!! LOL

apache54    4,867

IF we see a allot of this start to happen , then something big is about to go down, maybe just martial law or who knows what, but i say it is FISHY!!!

periclymenoides    1,384
28 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

I'd say this is a "strategy of tension" news piece. Look for more like this, some of which go national, until the next massacre event™—and watch for the follow-ons to this piece to make mention of someone's Veteran Status™ or they may even say he's Active Duty™ or Reserves Status™

So the pattern is, white, mid-life (40s) to early retirement age, middle class, no criminal record other than traffic/other misdemeanors, and perhaps what DRFUDGE REPORT had in his above the pic headlines within the last ~day: has no online profiles™— wow, the next out of the blue mass killing lone wolf™ could be just about anyone, including my friends or myself!!!!! Everyone is a SUSPECT!!!! WE NEED THOSE METAL DETECTORS, BACKSCATTER MACHINES, WANDS & OTHER SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT DEPLOYED EVERYWHERE, EVEN IN PLACES WITH HIGH SECURITY, STAT!!!!!!

:hesright:

:s439::s439:

Osgrot    274

Yeah a convenient shot in the arm for the insidious 'everyone's a potential terrorist' agenda... therefore, according to globalist liberalism, everyone needs to be monitored like a radicalized Islamist, so we might as well open the borders to the Middle East etc. :wall:

They'll use this in a concerted attempt to crush civil liberties and normalize imported jihadists... :scary:

phxsparks    845
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

They try to give the impression all 900 rounds were for the fully auto weapon. At least that's my impression. Maybe we'll see lots of these kinds of stop and catch to keep everyone scared. 

That's it, they must keep the public whipped into a frenzy of fear across the entire country.

Maybe this guy was just bugging out and going camping.  Who knows.