Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Dr. Evil

The US economy is failing

Dr. Evil    2,047

What we are witnessing in the United States is the first country to reverse the development process and to go backward by giving up industry, manufacturing, and tradable professional skill jobs. The labor force is becoming Third World with lowly paid domestic service jobs taking the place of high-productivity, high-value added jobs. 

The initial response was to put wives and mothers into the work force, but now even many two-earner families experience stagnant or falling material living standards. New university graduates are faced with substantial debts without jobs capable of producing sufficient income to pay off the debts.

Now the US is on a course of travelling backward at a faster rate. Robots are to take over more and more jobs, displacing more people. Robots don’t buy houses, furniture, appliances, cars, clothes, food, entertainment, medical services, etc. Unless Robots pay payroll taxes, the financing for Social Security and Medicare will collapse. And it goes on down from there. Consumer spending simply dries up, so who purchases the goods and services supplied by robots?

To find such important considerations absent in public debate suggests that the United States will continue on the country’s de-industrialization, de-manufacturing trajectory.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/09/29/us-economy-failing-paul-craig-roberts/

Cinnamon    26,048

Hmm... all those jobs Trump says he's bringing in. Are those going to be done by robots? No one has been asking that question, have they? 

Zing    1,006
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Hmm... all those jobs Trump says he's bringing in. Are those going to be done by robots? No one has been asking that question, have they? 

AI will take over the jobs while TPTB push universal income.  Total dependence on gvt.

Erudite One    652

Good post. I can agree with Paul's assessment.

2 minutes ago, Zing said:

AI will take over the jobs while TPTB push universal income.  Total dependence on gvt.

I was about to post & you just read my mind!! Here is an article about that, though it is back from February. Robotics will take over all industry while humans will get pushed into UBI.

https://www.inverse.com/article/26833-donald-trump-universal-basic-income-jobs-program

Erudite One    652

In fact it is already happening in China. Behold.

Not a single human.

Also this:

https://www.techly.com.au/2017/09/14/ai-will-save-your-morning-commute/

Notice in this video^ the driver is still sitting there which is probably a sign they are still unsure of it :naughty:

Just posting this stuff to make the case that UBI is in fact planned because they must have some sort of lollipop to stick in the human mouth or the people of the world will become restless with everything being done for us while we sit around.

I for one already know how I'll be spending my spare time if this really takes off.  :D

Erudite One    652
23 minutes ago, Mjolnirswrath23 said:

Yeah pretty much I suggest you get a sword the shit storm coming ammo will be used up fast

Oh man, don't want to sound off my arsenal on here but you got it right bud. Get at least a few swords, carbon pressed cold rolled steel -- among other things. Ammo will not last forever, especially when it stops getting produced all together which is also part of the plan.

Quiet Storm    1,000
24 minutes ago, Mjolnirswrath23 said:

Yeah pretty much I suggest you get a sword the shit storm coming ammo will be used up fast

No doubt,  plus, when you have to do some heel toe express, Guns and ammo are HEAVY.   Good knives, Sword, never run out of ammo, lightweight, multi-purpose.

CSB    2,285

Sounds like the revolution will be between man and machine

periclymenoides    1,486

Americans need a field of work that involves staring at a cell phone all day..skills we've got.

Figure out how to pay people for that and it will make America great again.