Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.
Dr. Evil

The Vietnam Nightmare---Again

Dr. Evil    1,361

History repeats, when you forget it.

That's what the sheeple don't get. They get the first bit because they've heard it a million times, but they've never heard of the second bit, which is why, of course, it keeps repeating.

I could have copied the whole article here, but I know the mods don't want me to do that so I didn't. Normally I copy large chunks of the best bits and leave the curious to read the rest. This time, I couldn't decide, they're all good.

http://www.unz.com/emargolis/the-vietnam-nightmare-again/ 

• Like 2

marlowe    1,575

Apparently the writer of the article doesn't know about the military-industrial-complex...

Dr. Evil    1,361
27 minutes ago, marlowe said:

Apparently the writer of the article doesn't know about the military-industrial-complex...

Maybe he does but he thought it just wasn't relevant.

• Like 1

sybdragon    1,349

I remember.... I was a kid back then. My Dad went to Vietnam a couple times that I remember. I was not impressed with the war. I thought a lot of stuff was stupid back then. I did not understand the civil rights stuff. In the military, nothing was segregated. Everyone did everything the same and used the same stuff. After leaving the Philippines and coming back to the USA.... The people here were weird. I would think that's when I started to withdraw to the outside and started watching things around me. I really did not fit in anywhere back then. And I learned really fast that my opinions and thoughts were not common to most of the people around me. I do not ever remember encountering racism before I moved back to the USA. I got it from both sides, full barrels. Both white and blacks in the Deep South back in the early 70s at the height of desegregation. Yes, some of the blacks were just like some of the whites and did not want desegregation either. That was not a fight where people were all divided by the color line. As a matter of fact, like today really. I see a lot of blacks being red pilled and I see a lot of whites being retards. But I remember..... This day and time..... Sure looks the same don't it? Stupid meaningless war and racial discord in the streets. The only thing missing is the military draft. :(

I didn't like it back then and I don't like it now. My own history tells me how this goes. I think this is a sad thing.... Very sad thing. :tissuespls:

• Like 2

apache54    4,127

Like allot of wars. vietnam was a political war and was run very poorly, (not by the troops) we could never have won that war unless we opened it up to include the countries that were suppling vietnam and one in particular was Laos! I was to young to go but i knew allot of kids that never came back, and had allot of relatives as well!!

• Like 1

Mehitable    1,316
43 minutes ago, OdinsEye said:

Great group, phenomenal song.  Still current about all these kids in college thinking they know everything but they need a heavy dose of the real world.

askakido    283
1 hour ago, apache54 said:

Like allot of wars. vietnam was a political war and was run very poorly, (not by the troops) we could never have won that war unless we opened it up to include the countries that were suppling vietnam and one in particular was Laos! I was to young to go but i knew allot of kids that never came back, and had allot of relatives as well!!

Lets not forget our History, at that time there was a North Vietnam and South Vietnam.  I was old enough to have been drafted for that war.

apache54    4,127
13 minutes ago, askakido said:

Lets not forget our History, at that time there was a North Vietnam and South Vietnam.  I was old enough to have been drafted for that war.

YUP,

I was drafted and scheduled to go just as they declared war over! so we are not to far apart age wise.

My dad volunteered at 17 years old in 1964 going in with scuba training at YMCA,  4 forms of martial arts and having won expert pistol and long gun marksmanship championships with my grandfather. He recruiter said : " we've got the perfect program for you , it's brand new in the navy " well silver star later two bronze stars 86 missions 37 encounters with the enemy and 3 tours later his unit got ambushed while he was closing the back door and ordered to do a body count after cutting down 16 VC with a Thompson and 30 CAL belt fed now I've seen his dd214 and his orders to report to Santa Cruz FBI head quarters who all documentation they gave him a Other than honorable discharge disbanded and buried any existence of the Electronic Countermeasures or ECM RECON SEAL Program as most of it was mapping enemy positions with an oscilloscope by the command resonance frequency of their nervous system and 90% of y he missions were in Laos and Cambodia way behind the dmz.  they took his medals his good conduct medals his entire service record and black listed it even my grandfather who was friends with like of Patton and others as a drill instructor for army air Corp and world champion skeet shooter could not get his discharged reversed he died at the va of a brain tumor eating his mind and ability to talk at 63 years old having seen my daughter born and then not even 5 months later die. Vietnam was a clusterf**k and mostly about drugs Cia code name air America and oil like all rest after ww2. 

• Like 1

OdinsEye    201
3 hours ago, Mehitable said:

Great group, phenomenal song.  Still current about all these kids in college thinking they know everything but they need a heavy dose of the real world.

this song is not vietnam related, but sheds light into the cycle we live in 

written by Ian MacKaye -  born in 1962 so he wrote this at 18-20 years old

they have always been trying to blame white people

interesting data if you think about this:

only 3% of north Vietnamese fought/supported the war... most were just poor farmers

the Revolution from Britain only had roughly the same amount of physical/financial support (where III%'ers come from)

does that change your ideas of the country?

does that change your ideas on war?