Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.
abigfatzero

California releases annual test scores — stagnant results, persistent gaps

abigfatzero    2,160

California releases annual test scores — stagnant results, persistent gaps

Every year, state education officials release standardized test scores — and every year they say the same thing: The achievement gap persists.

This year’s scores are no different.

Education officials across California released their scores Wednesday, each highlighting what they saw as positive news in the data while lamenting the stubborn, and in some cases widening, achievement gap.

Despite decades of effort and billions of dollars in funding, test scores for white, Asian American and wealthier students are much higher than those of their black, Latino and low-income peers. On computerized tests administered in the spring, for example, just 19 percent of African American students were proficient in math, compared with 73 percent of Asian American students.

In San Francisco, school leaders noted that the city was the only urban district in the state where more than half of students were proficient in both math and English. The middle schools showed significant gains this year in both subjects, with students of color mirroring the increases.

The achievement gap actually widened, though, including a 58-point difference between white and black San Francisco students in English — a 77 percent proficiency rate compared with 19 percent.

“Closing the opportunity gap remains our top priority,” said San Francisco Unified School District Superintendent Vincent Matthews.

http://www.sfgate.com/education/article/California-releases-annual-test-scores-12232610.php

:grumph:

They will never admit the real reason for the difference, that would be racist.

Now that komie-fornia has mandated vaccines, the brain damaged to the Asians and the Whites should close the "gap".

Komie-fornia creating "equality" one vaccine at a time.........

Ukshep    17,133

Makes sense....... Given the level of stupid... But which came first... the stupid or the education.... :D

abigfatzero    2,160
Just now, Ukshep said:

Makes sense....... Given the level of stupid... But which came first... the stupid or the education.... :D

komie-fornia uses komie-core edjumakation..........

Teacher admits he helped write Common Core to end white privilege

David Coleman (education)

David Coleman (born 1969) is the ninth president of the College Board, a not-for-profit corporation that is best known for designing the SAT exam and the Advanced Placement (AP) test.[1] He is frequently described in the media as "the architect" of the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

Early life and education

Coleman was born in Manhattan to a Jewish family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Coleman_(education)

• Like 1

Ukshep    17,133
1 minute ago, abigfatzero said:

komie-fornia uses komie-core edjumakation..........

Yep. One of the worst core models ever produced. Can't have people being taught correctly now can we. They would never conform.

• Like 1

abigfatzero    2,160
Just now, Ukshep said:

Yep. One of the worst core models ever produced. Can't have people being taught correctly now can we. They would never conform.

It's even worse than that.......

Brilliant anti-Common Core Speech by Dr. Duke Pesta

http://fpeusa.org/ - Have you heard about Common Core? The chilling truth behind these new national educational "standards" will terrify you. Common Core represents the latest and most comprehensive step in the drive toward complete government control of our children's education. Join us for a special presentation exposing the truth about Common Core and the ongoing struggle to roll back its implementation. Our speaker will provide examples of how Common Core threatens to further undermine, weaken, and centralize public and private education in our country.

Make people "equal" by reducing them down to most basic common denominator.

Animalistic appetites.....

• Like 1

Groove    1,685

Commie core at its finest. Every kid now is the same, non are taught to think outside of the box. The ones who try to think outside th box are vilified and ridiculed and treated like freaks. It's truly crazy what these people have done to our kids. I see this crap every day with my kids. At 17 my son is so far behind from where I was at 17 that its pathetic. They aren't taught to do anything on their own!!!!! And when you try to teach them certain things they don't really listen and pay attention for the next time they need to do that same thing.  I just hope and pray my son doesn't wind up like me and have a kid at a really early age and screw up college and job plans. I just hope he's been paying attention over the years to what I've been teaching and preaching and to not let group think and peer pressure to ruin his future. My daughter I know has listened, plus she takes after me as far as the book smarts and at 13 she already has big plans for life which I'm proud of, I just hope she keeps it all up once she hits high school next year. I think she will because she sees whats happened to her mom and how she acts and she wants no part of it.   

• Like 1

grav    367

I retired when Common Core and 504 and other red tape crapola interfered with my traditional old schoolmarm methods. Parents had been packing their little darlins' into my classroom when they saw real results from old skrool basics. 36 kids and 33 desks was how I started my day. The kids were fine; the adults were the problem.

Teachers teach the test now. And some teachers give "hands-on" assistance during standardized tests. Do you know what that means? I could say a lot more too, but I better not. If people would attend school with the kids, they'd get a lesson or two in how to screw up a good thing. One parent showed up unannounced in my class one day. Apparently, the principal made a deal with her when she complained about something. Before she could sneak out, I grabbed her and asked her opinion. She complimented me and said she wouldn't do my job for all the tea in China. 

My advice, fwiw. Home school if you can. And supplement the banal textbooks with ones written pre-1970.