Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Lucy Barnable    3,840

The fashion industry is becoming more inclusive — at a snail’s pace, perhaps, but with palpable momentum behind the march of progress. It’s largely thanks not to the industry itself but to everyday people, whose beauty and bodies have long been overlooked and who have now stepped forward, demanding to be seen.

Chastity Garner and CeCe Olisa are two of those people, and they’ve stepped into view first as plus-size lifestyle influencers and bloggers and presently as founders of the popular annual event known as theCURVYcon. Now in its third year, the body-positive, curve-embracing event will take place in New York City on Sept. 8 and 9, bringing designers, fitness experiences, influencers, and speakers to town — including none other than Chrissy Metz, who stars on This Is Us, to deliver the keynote address (you heard it hear first, folks). Another first? TheCURVYcon will be live-streamed on Yahoo Style, bringing insightful conversation to millions of people who can’t make the IRL event.
-----
Sensing the void, they began pondering how to fill it, particularly considering the fact that 67 percent of American women are considered to be plus-size. “We were Gchatting about hopes and dreams and what we were doing, and slowly the idea of theCURVYcon just crystalized,” Olisa says. “We talked about ‘well, what if we made a conference for our audiences? What if they could come to one place and meet the brands and meet the bloggers and the celebs who inspire them instead of just following them on social media?’”
-----
What both women emphasize is the importance of community, particularly within this community. “I think being a plus-size girl can be somewhat isolating sometimes, you might be the only plus-size girl among your friends wherever you live, and I think a lot of these girls turn to the internet for that community, but they never get to meet girls who are just like them — who are plus-size and still super fashionable and want to put themselves out there and are more fearless. So we decided to try and create that space even if it was just for a weekend,” Olisa says.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/women-behind-plus-size-fashion-event-thecurvycon-spill-years-secrets-130045348.html

This is Chrissy Metz, the key speaker they say is inspiring:

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/chrissy-metz1.jpg?w=1338&h=2000

Feminism promotes obesity: Extremely overweight actress Chrissy Metz is “inspiring”

Chrissy Metz is an actress who is 5’4” and weighs 400 poundsaccording to bodymeasurement.org. The CDC has a body mass index (BMI) calculator that measures Chrissy’s BMI as 30.0 and above – she is obese. Her normal weight range should be 108 to 145 pounds.

People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. According to Stanford Health Care, because of Chrissy’s obesity she is also subject to bone and joint disease, heart disease, sleep apnea, cancer, and metabolic syndrome (a clustering of medical conditions).

Yet in today’s society, “body shaming” is taboo. 

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2017/09/11/feminism-promotes-obesity-media-is-pushing-obese-actress-chrissy-metz-as-inspiring/

These are the women who created theCURVYcon:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/frbm5fgDeKIj-rwWDhg0i6FcIMg=/0x0:3600x3600/1200x800/filters:focal(1457x494:2033x1070)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56582187/Dia_Co_07132017_CurvyCon2566_Edited.0.jpeg

They say "you might be the only plus-size girl among your friends wherever you live" yet 67% of American women are plus size so it's becoming the norm.

:(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ukshep    16,083

This thread has been moved to the News & Current Events Forum!

For more information on why? Check out our page on what topics go where! As part of our quality control measures!

Ukshep    16,083

Oh and as a former fatty..... I get to say.. Get thin you fat f**ks.

The above does not apply to those who want to lose but have either a health condition or are making little progress.

I only have an issue with the delusion that fat is healthy.

• Like 4

Quiet Storm    658

Horrifying.   Umm, I'll have a DIET Soda with my Triple Quarter pounder and Super Size Fries please!!!    Trying to lose weight ya know.  

• Like 2

Sky Cat    1,124
3 hours ago, FredoIsSmart said:

"Chrissy Metz is an actress who is 5’4” and weighs 400 pounds"

:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

:blink:  :wtf::blink:

• Like 1

Eve    199
12 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

They say "you might be the only plus-size girl among your friends wherever you live" yet 67% of American women are plus size so it's becoming the norm.

I noticed that too! Can't be both. But what really grinds my gears is "fat-shaming" is a no-no, but us skinny girls? "Shame, shame, shame!" I don't know what happened to my body, but I just lost about a third of my body weight suddenly over the course of about a year. While at first I was cool with the weight loss because I was overweight at 87kg and 166cm, I began to worry when it didn't stop and I found myself nearing a measly 55kg. I even try to open my mouth to some of my friends and they hush me saying I should be happy! I can't get a hug from my mother in-law without a comment about how skinny I am, and that I should eat more. No. I shouldn't. I eat, plenty - believe me, it doesn't help. And just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I'm healthy - but I guarantee you being overweight isn't. 

:angry: Rant over. 

• Like 2

Cinnamon    18,506
2 hours ago, Eve said:

I noticed that too! Can't be both. But what really grinds my gears is "fat-shaming" is a no-no, but us skinny girls? "Shame, shame, shame!" I don't know what happened to my body, but I just lost about a third of my body weight suddenly over the course of about a year. While at first I was cool with the weight loss because I was overweight at 87kg and 166cm, I began to worry when it didn't stop and I found myself nearing a measly 55kg. I even try to open my mouth to some of my friends and they hush me saying I should be happy! I can't get a hug from my mother in-law without a comment about how skinny I am, and that I should eat more. No. I shouldn't. I eat, plenty - believe me, it doesn't help. And just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I'm healthy - but I guarantee you being overweight isn't. 

:angry: Rant over. 

I don't like doctors, but I'd recommend getting some blood work done and use that information to figure out what's going on. Especially if you aren't feeling right. 

I use them like I do my car when it acts up, I take it to the dealership, get diagnostics done on it and then take the info to the mechanic down the road from me and he tells me what parts to buy and puts them on. 

• Like 2

Sky Cat    1,124

‘Apple Shaped’ Women Twice as Likely to Get Cancer, Study Finds

According to a study conducted by researchers from Nordic Bioscience and ProScion, a biotechnology company in Herlev, Denmark, women with excess abdominal fat are 50 percent more likely to develop lung and bowel tumors.

The study's findings, presented at the European Society of Medical Oncology conference in Madrid, analyzed the body fat scans of almost 6,000 postmenopausal women with an average age of 71. The patients were divided into ‘high abdominal' fat and ‘low abdominal' fat groups.  

After a 12-year period, the analyzed data revealed that 811 participants have cancer, with 293 subjects having breast and ovarian cancers, 345 having lung and gastrointestinal cancers and 173 people suffering from other types of cancer.

The study also showed a correlation between the amount of fat women have in their abdominals and the risk of lung and gastrointestinal cancers. In fact, women with an ‘apple shape' were 50 percent more likely to get lung or gastrointestinal cancers.

[...] continued...

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/201709131057369035-apple-shaped-women-more-likely-cancer-study/

• Like 1