Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Darkness10001

F**k Technology These Days. Shove It Up Your A**

Recommended Posts

 Blipkints    298
4 minutes ago, DRUMZ said:

Wow! I bet you are full of cool stories too! You are right, many yearn for the old ways but most could not cope after growing up with so much comfort. They say that in SHTF situations there is often a lot of boredom and books are a hot commodity. Did you hunt and fish?

How far was the nearest bar and what was that like? Were the women much different then today in the very rural places? 

Lol, was thinking same but too lazy to question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ronin    203
3 hours ago, Blipkints said:

Yeah I understand OP's point completely but without the net I for one would not know 1/10 of what I know now.

i was going to say exactly the same thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    21,926

I was off grid all day. lol  The only worry I had was not being able to work and work on here. I can deal if I know it's going to be off, but that's not my everyday thing. I like camping, so yeh, it's good to get away from it sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch people that only use technology when they have to.  And I've also watched $$$$ technology go sit in the trash can...

But if technology doesn't know what the answer is or how te derive it, because the programmer didn't add that bug, or feature I mean, the answers are bogus.  But you have to know that...and the response times are usually not impressive.  Most people run things like they did before technology came along and have a hard time adapting to some software developers way of working around hardware/radio limitations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was born in the city but now live on a quarter section (160 acres) of forest, hills, meadows, a creek and a pond. It's a great life to live 

- As long as you don't get hurt -

I'm dealing with a sudden major back injury that has seriously put a damper on living in isolation and self sufficiency. Now it will be impossible to become as self sufficient as i planned, simply because I'm not able to do as many things.

Even if you don't get hurt, eventually you'll get old, which is where my parents are now. Living in the bush and unable to do the necessary work.

Just playing devil's advocate. I had wild ruffed grouse with morel mushrooms and garden vegetables for dinner. All from my 'backyard'.

No tv for 5+ years now. There's literally no time for TV.

Edited by Your local beekeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    21,926
6 minutes ago, Your local beekeep said:

I was born in the city but now live on a quarter section (160 acres) of forest, hills, meadows, a creek and a pond. It's a great life to live 

- As long as you don't get hurt -

I'm dealing with a sudden major back injury that has seriously put a damper on living in isolation and self sufficiency. Now it will be impossible to become as self sufficient as i planned, simply because I'm not able to do as many things.

Even if you don't get hurt, eventually you'll get old, which is where my parents are now. Living in the bush and unable to do the necessary work.

Just playing devil's advocate. I had wild ruffed grouse with morel mushrooms and garden vegetables for dinner. All from my 'backyard'.

No tv for 5+ years now. There's literally no time for TV.

I hope you get better soon! And good luck to you and your parents, I'd love to live away from all this bs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Blipkints    298
27 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I was off grid all day. lol  The only worry I had was not being able to work and work on here. I can deal if I know it's going to be off, but that's not my everyday thing. I like camping, so yeh, it's good to get away from it sometimes. 

We know, you weren't commenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    21,926
2 minutes ago, Blipkints said:

We know, you weren't commenting.

Did you miss me? lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Blipkints    298

Hope you didn't get smoked out camping with all the fire's that were forgotten due to storms down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Blipkints    298
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Did you miss me? lol

Did you know we sent 10 odd ones over to help with the fires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    21,926
2 minutes ago, Blipkints said:

Hope you didn't get smoked out camping with all the fire's that were forgotten due to storms down south.

Nah, they highjacked my power all day again. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×