Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alluvial

Weather WRATH flattens 1000's of trees - Entire forest looks eerily similar to Tunguska Event!

Alluvial    529
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Wow! Such destruction. 

Ya, crazy times, I wonder if it was a supercell tornado, meteor event, or something else.  It was a large energy event whatever happened to those trees.

Cinnamon    22,873
Just now, Alluvial said:

Ya, crazy times, I wonder if it was a supercell tornado, meteor event, or something else.  It was a large energy event whatever happened to those trees.

It was extremely large in width to do that. A tornado makes a path through things. This is weird. 

DRUMZ    1,047

Few years back, my son and I were backpacking when wind/tornado went through.

Could have been killed. I was in a outhouse when worse part came through. Almost got crushed by a large tree.

When worst was over, I ran back to where my son was. Trail I came down was a small river now and devastation everywhere.

I had to go around a small a lake to get to camp where he was, but could not run along the shore because of all the lightning.

When I got to the trail that led to camp, there was no trail..... All downed trees and branches. Thought my son had to have been killed for sure. No shelter, just backpacking tent.

When I got to him, he was in the tent (tent stayed up) and already changed into dry clothes.

He told me that when the wind first came it picked up the campfire and just threw it into the air. He looked across the lake and saw trees and branches swirling 100ft above the tops of the trees. He did not know what direction to run as trees were crashing down from every direction. He made a mad dash for the lake, and was standing knee deep in the water before he realized that he could not stay there because of the lightning. He ran to shore and found a big stump that he just hugged and held on for dear life as his legs were almost being pulled out from under him because of the wind. Suddenly there was an instant temp. drop and could see his breath (was wearing shorts and tee shirt.) He kept holding on but shivering because of cold wind and blinding rain. Felt like instant hypothermia was setting in. Then it stopped, and he ran to the tent and changed. That's how I found him. Dry and happy but freaked out a little.

We were never so happy to see each other (except for the time he got lost in the woods several years earlier.)

apache54    4,854

not very common to occur in the past, but they do.   NOW it appears we are seeing them become more common and stronger as time moves forward!! I have seen in parts of the world where large sections of trees were just mowed down in a ONE direction pattern nothing like what a tornado does!!