Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Trump Warns Xi: Trade War With China Begins Monday

Rate this topic

apache54    3,099
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

As if there weren't enough geopolitical stress points in the world to fill a lifetime of "sleepy, vacationy" Augusts, late on Friday night President Trump spoke to Chinese President Xi Jinping and told him that he's preparing to order an investigation into Chinese trade practices next week, according to NBC. Politico confirms that Trump is ready to launch a new trade crackdown on China next week, citing an administration official, a step that Trump delayed two weeks ago under the guidance of his new Chief of Staff Gen. Kelly, but now appears imminent. It is also an escalation which most analysts agree will launch a trade war between Washington and Beijing.

As Politico details, Trump on Monday will call for an investigation into China over allegations that the nation violated U.S. intellectual property rights and forced technology transfers, the official said. While it's unclear how much detail Trump will get into in the announcement, administration officials expect U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to open an investigation against China under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974. The ordering of the investigation will not immediately impose sanctions but could lead to steep tariffs on Chinese goods. Trump has expressed frustration in recent months over what he sees as China's unfair trade policies.

As we discussed two weeks ago, Trump had planned to launch the trade investigation more than a week ago, but he delayed the move in favor of securing China's support for expanded U.N. sanctions against North Korea, the senior administration official said.

The pending announcement also comes amid heightened tension between the United States and China, even after the Trump administration scored a victory in persuading Beijing to sign onto new United Nations sanctions on North Korea. Still, Trump has delayed trade action before, amid pressure from business groups and major trading partners:

Two Commerce Department reports examining whether to restrict steel and aluminum imports on national security grounds were expected by the end of June but have been bottled up in an internal review. Trading partners raised threats of retaliation and domestic steel users complained of being hurt by price increases and restricted supply.

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-12/trump-warns-xi-trade-war-china-begins-monday

Do we need this right at this moment? 

appears it is part of the plan!! NO we don't need any of this crap, what we need it to remove ALL the scum causing this!!

• Like 1

Warpsapeed    50
42 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The thing I don't understand about that is, if they sell, there has to be a buyer. 

That is the whole point.  This junk paper is only worth what others are prepared to bid for it., its all a jolly game.

If there are no buyers (suckers) out there, the paper is then literally worth zero.

• Like 1

Cinnamon    15,996
1 minute ago, Warpsapeed said:

That is the whole point.  This junk paper is only worth what others are prepared to bid for it., its all a jolly game.

If there are no buyers (suckers) out there, the paper is then literally worth zero.

Then they will demand something else for payment or try to come and take it. 

apache54    3,099
11 minutes ago, Zing said:

Why should you have to work when foreigners from Muslim countries can come here and get paid for doing nothing, get healthcare, get food stamps, free education, and everything else. Somethings wrong with that picture 

and it has been that way for 30 years and has only gotten worse over time!!

Zing    711
3 minutes ago, apache54 said:

and it has been that way for 30 years and has only gotten worse over time!!

I  didn't know it went on for that long.  We are (or we're) an English speaking nation and if someone wants to do business with me, they better understand and speak English.  

apache54    3,099
Just now, Zing said:

I  didn't know it went on for that long.  We are (or we're) an English speaking nation and if someone wants to do business with me, they better understand and speak English.  

I found out by accident in the 80's that there special medical camps and they were ONLY for migrant illegals working in the harvest, they had a big camp surrounded by chain link fence and razor wire near the tri cities area of washington state (kenniwick, pasco, richland??)

and thats is when i found out about others as well, and yes americans were not allowed to go to those even if you were sick!!

i was very upset back then!!

• Like 1

Warpsapeed    50
6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Then they will demand something else for payment or try to come and take it. 

Its not the Chinese that have the problem. 

When (not If) the US dollar becomes totally worthless, America no longer manufactures anything.  No more "stuff" to buy even if you do have some US dollars in your pocket.

Since 1971 when Nixon completely bankrupted America with the Vietnam war, the world went off the gold standard, the only thing America had left was its military, to literally FORCE other nations to accept America's funny money, backed by absolutely nothing.

We are now right at the threshold where all the worlds major trading nations (BRICS) have arranged trade between each other not using US dollars. America is about to be cut right out of the world financial system.

• Like 2

Cinnamon    15,996
4 hours ago, Warpsapeed said:

Its not the Chinese that have the problem. 

When (not If) the US dollar becomes totally worthless, America no longer manufactures anything.  No more "stuff" to buy even if you do have some US dollars in your pocket.

Since 1971 when Nixon completely bankrupted America with the Vietnam war, the world went off the gold standard, the only thing America had left was its military, to literally FORCE other nations to accept America's funny money, backed by absolutely nothing.

We are now right at the threshold where all the worlds major trading nations (BRICS) have arranged trade between each other not using US dollars. America is about to be cut right out of the world financial system.

I hope more than ever that my okra plants don't die. lol  Seriously, though, I think the Federal Reserve has plan B waiting in case Plan A doesn't happen. They're going to raise interest rates again and again. They're already planning that. 

DRUMZ    557
21 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I hope more than ever that my okra plants don't die. lol  Seriously, though, I think the Federal Reserve has plan B waiting in case Plan A doesn't happen. They're going to raise interest rates again and again. They're already planning that. 

Plan A not working.

Plan B will fail.

How about Plan WWC?

Warpsapeed    50
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

That is the problem. America no longer exports anything except threats of military action.

All the peoples gold in Fort Knox is gone, stolen a very long time ago by the elite, its not been audited since Truman.

There is no plan B possible. Just more lies, threats, and deceptions, none of which work any longer.

• Like 1