Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

China Warns Trump: "We Will Prevent A North Korea Regime Change"

Ukshep    20,035

In a troubling repudiation of President Donald Trump’s demands that Beijing do more to rein in its bellicose neighbor, Beijing, through the state-owned media, cautioned the US president on Friday that it would intervene (militarily) on North Korea’s behalf if the US and South Korea launch a preemptive strike to “overthrow the North Korean regime,” according to a statement in the influential state-run newspaper Global Times.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," it said.

At the same time, the Chinese regime  made it clear that its preferred outcome would be a continuation of the status quo, warning Kim Jong Un that it would "remain neutral if North Korea were to strike first." The article, cited by Rueters,  reiterated calls for a diplomatic solution. However, the possibility of talks between the two sides was looking increasingly remote as both Trump and Kim continued to exchange threats of nuclear annihilation, with Trump clarifying Thursday that his earlier promise to respond with “fire and fury” should the North continue to threaten the US may not have gone far enough.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-11/china-promises-protect-north-korea-regime-change

keeping you in the loop!

Ukshep    20,035
2 minutes ago, Everested said:

Well that's put a spanner in the works lol.

Sure is. I see no way to revert this anymore. Other than of course both Kim and Trump shutting up and letting this be forgotten about but then they say he has nukes so that won't be the narrative. We'll move forward still.

The Gent    861

An old video...but fitting for topic....:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

And A recently uploaded video....:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

And for those who do not know early history....an interesting telling...:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

On Nov. 25-26, 1950, the Chinese Army entered the Korean War in earnest with a violent attack against the American and United Nations forces in North Korea. The 300,000-man Chinese offensive caught the U.N. forces off guard, largely because of U.S. Gen. Douglas MacArthur's belief that China would not openly enter the war, and vastly expanded the conflict.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865616489/This-week-in-history-China-enters-the-Korean-War.html

COBO Member    3,350
3 minutes ago, The Gent said:

And for those who do not know early history....an interesting telling...:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

On Nov. 25-26, 1950, the Chinese Army entered the Korean War in earnest with a violent attack against the American and United Nations forces in North Korea. The 300,000-man Chinese offensive caught the U.N. forces off guard, largely because of U.S. Gen. Douglas MacArthur's belief that China would not openly enter the war, and vastly expanded the conflict.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865616489/This-week-in-history-China-enters-the-Korean-War.html

Yep had us pushed all the way damned near to Pusan.

The Gent    861
5 hours ago, COBO Member said:

Yep had us pushed all the way damned near to Pusan.

I have two older cousins (former Marines) that served in that campaign..the stories they tell!

As do many of us here I've gather!

The little chants us kids were taught in the 60's was "Better Dead Than Red"....and not a person in those days would say to anyone "That's Rude" .....No Sir, Not In my USA!

Hell we were even taught in school of legends like Joseph McCarthy and what a true American meant to the whole of this nation being greater than all others.

COBO Member    3,350
13 minutes ago, The Gent said:

Hell we were even taught in school of legends like Joseph McCarthy and what a true American meant to the whole of this nation being greater than all others.

Maybe it was by design or since Vietnam was plastered all over the evening news. But none of my HS world or American history classes ever got past WWII. Any knowledge I have of history since then, I've just picked up along the way.

This fat lady started singing on Nov 22, 1963, IMHO.

COBO Member    3,350
20 minutes ago, Blipkints said:

10 hrs ago they said they were ready to block everything.

Right now, China's just pissed because we've been sailing "too close" to their new base in the SCS.

I'm waiting to hear from Putin, himself where Russia stands today.

apache54    4,867

also consider MAYBE Kim sees his days were numbered and knew we would strike him so maybe KIM has made a deal with China, they want his country anyway so! time will tell!

The Gent    861
5 hours ago, COBO Member said:

Maybe it was by design or since Vietnam was plastered all over the evening news. But none of my HS world or American history classes ever got past WWII. Any knowledge I have of history since then, I've just picked up along the way.

This fat lady started singing on Nov 22, 1963, IMHO.

Our History teacher was our football coach, as well as being in both the latter part of Korean war...and a tour in Early Nam. wounded & decorated...old school patriot & hell of a coach (b*st*rd)!

He taught history in a unique way, adding or discussing things that he had read or experienced that wasn't in our current history books....for sure, my history book in '68  was copyrighted 1963 or 64 (?)

So having a teacher like him...made going to his class actually fun...on the football field.....now that's a different story, that man had no soul...:gsbrnint:

apache54    4,867
5 minutes ago, The Gent said:

Our History teacher was our football coach, as well as being in both the latter part of Korean war...and a tour in Early Nam. wounded & decorated...old school patriot & hell of a coach (b*st*rd)!

He taught history in a unique way, adding or discussing things that he had read or experienced that wasn't in our current history books....for sure, my history book in '68  was copyrighted 1963 or 64 (?)

So having a teacher like him...made going to his class actually fun...on the football field.....now that's a different story, that man had no soul...:gsbrnint:

I can relate, my Dad was in the Korean war and MY neighbor of many years now deceased was there and came back with many scars from being bayoneted when over run with them and was also slightly crippled from cut tendons and so I heard many stories NOT from any BOGUS history book!!