Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alluvial

Yellowstone Supervolcano: Map Shows Ground Deformation Around Caldera Over Last Two Years

Alluvial    446

Yellowstone Supervolcano: Map Shows Ground Deformation Around Caldera Over Last Two Years

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yellowstone-supervolcano-map-shows-ground-124118837.html

The map, by USGS geophysicist Chuck Wicks, shows movement around the caldera between 2015 and 2017 using radar images of Earth’s surface collected from orbiting satellites.

In this time, the ground around the Norris Geyser Basin rose by just under 3 inches, while there was a downdropping of the earth within the Yellowstone caldera. In the map, the rings of color show where the ground’s elevation has changed.

“The uplift and subsidence is usually interpreted as due to addition or withdrawal of deep magma and related gases and water at depths five to 15 km [3 to 9 miles] beneath the ground surface,” the USGS said. “This cycle of uplift and subsidence is common and seems tied to earthquake swarms; that is, swarms appear to release the pressure that caused the initial uplift…thus allowing the region to return to a period of subsidence.”

The recent earthquake swarm at Yellowstone, which has been ongoing since June 12, is also mapped, showing it is taking place around 12 to 18 miles from the location of the Norris uplift. As of August 3, 1,562 earthquakes had taken place, with the largest being a magnitude 4.4.

Earthquake swarms regularly occur at Yellowstone. In an interview with Newsweek in June, Jamie Farrell, a research professor at the University of Utah, which monitors volcanic activity at the site, said: "On average, Yellowstone sees around 1,500-2,000 earthquakes per year. Of those, 40 to 50 percent occur as part of earthquake swarms. This swarm is larger than the average swarm we record, but this is a normal thing to happen in Yellowstone (and other volcanic regions throughout the world).”

rocorollo    37

Yellowstone will bow. Not blow. So don't worry. A woman I love very much likes camping, and learning the lay of the land, and panning for pretty yellow stones.

Ukshep    17,133
2 hours ago, rocorollo said:

Yellowstone will bow. Not blow. So don't worry. A woman I love very much likes camping, and learning the lay of the land, and panning for pretty yellow stones.

Must be nice to pan for gold :D I've no gold near me but it sounds like fun!

apache54    4,165
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Must be nice to pan for gold :D I've no gold near me but it sounds like fun!

IF you wish to believe in our past being tied to aliens and they have used us for mining then you might understand that chasing the gold is part of some peoples  DNA make up and is very insistent on its retrieval!! LOL

YUP!! gets in your blood!!

Jump To Top