Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucy Barnable

Outlaw introduced as next Portland police chief

Lucy Barnable    4,280

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler has hired an Outlaw — Danielle Outlaw — to bring stability to a police department that has had a revolving door of leadership.

Outlaw is the first black woman to become chief of police in Oregon's largest city. But at her introductory news conference Thursday, Outlaw said she just wants people to see her as Danielle.

"I realize I wear many hats and I represent a lot of things to many people," she said. "And because of that there's an added responsibility and expectation placed on me — and I own that.

The 41-year-old Outlaw has spent the past 19 years with the Oakland Police Department, rising to deputy chief. Wheeler selected her from a pool of 33 candidates in a national search.
-----
In terms of handling protests, Outlaw said she got a lot of practice in Oakland and learned many lessons about what works and what doesn't.
-----
Regarding Black Lives Matter, Outlaw said she has no opinion on the activist group that protests racial profiling and police killings.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/outlaw-introduced-as-next-portland-police-chief/463500294

Well this could get interesting.

:popcorn:

Jump To Top