Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BunBun

What is Your Dream Job

Fishticon    25

When I was younger I wanted to be a video game journalist for a magazine like Nintendo Power or GamePro.

I think the reason I never got into it was because I couldn't (still can't) afford the newest game systems to play new games on. Now the market is so saturated that there's hardly any room for someone new. Even if I wanted to write about older games, there's tons of people doing that already.

I've run several blogs though. Some about video games, and some others about conspiracy related stuff. It's fun, but not a job.. unless you're lucky and your site takes off.

BunBun    285
19 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I thought about being a biologist, geneticist specifically, but I hated school and just couldn't force myself to attend any longer. 

I love Biology too. I took Biology I and II and Microbiology in college. I wanted to go for Laboratory Technologist, but I couldn't pass Organic Chemistry. If I could only understand what they wanted me to know about Hexane.

Lucy Barnable    4,231
5 minutes ago, BunBun said:

I love Biology too. I took Biology I and II and Microbiology in college. I wanted to go for Laboratory Technologist, but I couldn't pass Organic Chemistry. If I could only understand what they wanted me to know about Hexane.

Well you did better than I did.
I could even force myself to go to college. 
Heck, I hardly ever went to highschool. lol

BunBun    285
Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

I loved College. I'm a really good student. I don't do so well in the working world, though. 

Lucy Barnable    4,231
1 minute ago, BunBun said:

I loved College. I'm a really good student. I don't do so well in the working world, though. 

It was the social aspect, not the academic, I had a problem with.
Some people just aren't team players no matter how much they may enjoy the work.
I think that's alright though. We're all different and have something of value to offer in unique ways.

Eagles fan    242
30 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I didn't even finish high school. I lost my dad when I was 10 and my mom when I was 16. That was devastating for me. I was a lost soul for many years. Did a LOT of stupid things, but I survived and I'm wiser now. I finally learned...

Lucy Barnable    4,231
1 minute ago, Eagles fan said:

I didn't even finish high school. I lost my dad when I was 10 and my mom when I was 16. That was devastating for me. I was a lost soul for many years. Did a LOT of stupid things, but I survived and I'm wiser now. I finally learned...

I'm sorry you went through that and I'm glad you made it through it.

:hug:

GT500    1,356

I wanted to fly big twins 

I didn't live my dream 

instead I found my destiny 

Unchained@SA    286

Why would you want a "job" in the first place. Always be bound by time and rules, and not to mention MONEY. That is the only real reason why anyone "needs" a job.....MONEY. Rather search out a "calling", something that benefits you and others even if you receive no "financial" benefit from it. If you are doing it for the money then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

You should work to live and not live to work.

Ukshep    17,016
41 minutes ago, Unchained@SA said:

Why would you want a "job" in the first place. Always be bound by time and rules, and not to mention MONEY. That is the only real reason why anyone "needs" a job.....MONEY. Rather search out a "calling", something that benefits you and others even if you receive no "financial" benefit from it. If you are doing it for the money then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

You should work to live and not live to work.

Hence why you should always do something you like :)

Jump To Top