Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
BunBun

What is Your Dream Job

Rate this topic

BunBun    171

This is not a Data-Mining Thread. This is just for fun and what could have been.

If money were no object and you could have trained for any job in the world, what job would you have taken?

I will go first. I would have become a Biblical Archaeologist. Archaeology has always been an interest to me. I love finding treasures and I love digging up the past. I would have studied until I reached PHD level and I would work mainly in Europe and the Middle East on Biblical Digs. I believe that the Bible is the true History of the World and I would be searching the past. 

Unfortunately, money is an object and I couldn't afford much education. Also, as a Young Earth Creationist, I probably would have experienced a large amount of push back and problems with those of the evolution mind frame. I would never agree to thousands or millions of years. I believe the earth and everything on it is no older than 6000 years. I would be a stickler on that, so I would have to refuse and refute carbon 14 dating as I believe that it is never accurate and that the whole method is based on false assumptions. I would probably have been a pariah in my field and I would never have given in to the more traditional stuff in a million years. I ain't no darwinian and the big bang is bunk. 

I would really have enjoyed my work. Though, truth be told, I would probably destroy idols when I found them. Idols are an affront to My God, Father Yahweh and I don't believe He should ever be forced to look upon such objects again nor should they be given any place of honor. I would grind them to powder and burn the ashes for My Lord. I am nothing if not dedicated to My Lord and My God. 

What would You have done in a better world. I eagerly await your replies and dreams and fancies. Let's unfurl this madness and talk about what could have been in another world and another time. 

• WTF 1

Ukshep    14,309

I'm doing it. Any job that makes a difference is one worth having!

• Like 4

BunBun    171
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I'm doing it. Any job that makes a difference is one worth having!

You do have a good job. I am very glad that you and Cinnamon are here. Did you have to get a lot of education to do what you are doing? I don't need specifics, but just whether you had to study extensively to do this work. 

Ukshep    14,309
6 minutes ago, BunBun said:

You do have a good job. I am very glad that you and Cinnamon are here. Did you have to get a lot of education to do what you are doing? I don't need specifics, but just whether you had to study extensively to do this work. 

The only education I've ever had is the one I've given myself. Grew up in a middle class environment. Spent my childhood playing detective and mr hacker. Got into some bad shit. Defending family from psychopaths and hurt someone bad... myself more.. A conscience is a funny thing. Even when you are in the right! Retreated. Forged myself anew after many years in planned loneliness. Strange sets of events then set me down this path I am on.

My life is odd. I never die. Even though I should have already. It's like every step was a preparation while protected. Anyhow I don't wish to make this thread about me. :) carry on!

BunBun    171

My dad paid 1000 dollars to Montgomery Wards for a Commodore 64 computer. It had a cassette tape deck to install programs off cassette tape, but no modem. That hunk of junk was the most worthless piece of garbage I have ever seen. They had IBM Apple IIe's at school. Bunbun thought those were retarded too. I have no ability to learn computer language because it bores me to tears. I couldn't hack a paper bag. I never thought I was missing anything either. 

• Like 2

BunBun    171
1 minute ago, Eagles fan said:

My dream job is to retire and become a professional putterer. :)

How far away from retirement are you? Is it coming soon? I hope retirement is all you were wishing for and more. We all want to get out of the grind. 

KipKat    47

If money were of no object to me, why would I even want to have a 'job'? I'd find other ways of occupying myself then to have a 'job'.

Lucy Barnable    2,965
Posted (edited)

I thought about being a biologist, geneticist specifically, but I hated school and just couldn't force myself to attend any longer. 

Edited by Lucy Barnable
  • Like 1

Eagles fan    109
2 minutes ago, BunBun said:

How far away from retirement are you? Is it coming soon? I hope retirement is all you were wishing for and more. We all want to get out of the grind. 

I'm 57 now. I should have my condo paid off in five years, so, hopefully, 62. I'm in good shape for my age. I weigh 150 lbs. I like to jog and I try to eat well but right now I'm eating Chicken wings. Not very healthy but GOOD! :D

• Like 1