Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Edited Piglets Now Human Ready

Ukshep    17,056

In a bold scientific step that helps open the door to organ transplants from animals, researchers at Harvard and a private company have created gene-edited piglets cleansed of viruses that might cause disease in humans.

The advance, reported on Thursday in the journal Science, may make it possible one day to transplant livers, hearts and other organs from pigs into humans, a hope that experts had all but given up.

There were 33,600 organ transplants last year, and 116,800 patients on waiting lists, according Dr. David Klassen, chief medical officer at the United Network for Organ Sharing, a private, nonprofit organization that manages the nation’s transplant system.

If pig organs were shown to be safe and effective, “they could be a real game changer,” said Dr. Klassen, who was not involved in the new study. Dr. George Church of the Harvard group now says the first pig-to-human transplants could occur within two years.

The new research combines two great achievements in recent years — gene editing and cloning — and is unfolding quickly. But the work is novel and its course unpredictable, Dr. Klassen noted. It may be years before enough is known about the safety of pig organ transplants to allow them to be used widely.

http://gongsters.com/topic/Trending/s/aac308ea4e8b46b8fa7d371db4e34b17

Step right up. Get a transplant from your ancestor!

Zimix99    760

I dunno how I feel about this. On one side all the flaws and terribleness of it are obvious and ripe for debate, On the other hand, i could really use a new heart and set of lungs =).

Ukshep    17,056
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

How far is too far? 

Already too far. In every way and in every thing!

Cinnamon    19,909
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Already too far. In every way and in every thing!

Yes. Waay to far. 

Jump To Top