Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Thanky

The solar eclipse could block 9,000 megawatts of solar power

Uncle Thanky    931

"The approaching August 21 solar eclipse, which will traverse the continental United States, is expected to cause numerous disruptions, as curious Americans take time off or even travel to witness the celestial anomaly. Businesses across the country are gearing up, but few are taking it as seriously as solar power operators.

According to a release from Climate Nexus, the brief period of darkness will have a sizable impact on the nation’s growing number of solar installations. Expected to stretch across 14 states, the eclipse will obstruct as much as 9,000 megawatts of solar power, or the equivalent of nine nuclear reactors. That would be enough power to supply 7 million homes.

The impact will be most clearly felt in California, which can rely on solar for up to 40 percent of its power on certain days." Source

This was mentioned on last nights local news.

Ukshep    16,953

Oh boy! Civil unrest doom if power goes and people all be crazy...

Uncle Thanky    931
Just now, Ukshep said:

Oh boy! Civil unrest doom if power goes and people all be crazy...

According to the projected path, we are only supposed to get 79% coverage.

Just thought it was strange.

Curenado    827

It lasts 20 minutes? This is the most dramatic eclipse ever. What do the solar companies want? Compensation or insurance? 

apache54    4,138
15 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

According to the projected path, we are only supposed to get 79% coverage.

Just thought it was strange.

something to think about though is IF we have a volcano (super) pop off there could be lots of very low solar out put days for many months!

Uncle Thanky    931
1 minute ago, apache54 said:

IF

When.

I think we are already seeing the effects of the ones that are currently going off.

But yes the big one will "Frost the Cake".

apache54    4,138
Just now, Uncle Thanky said:

When.

I think we are already seeing the effects of the ones that are currently going off.

But yes the big one will "Frost the Cake".

AGREED,

i meant more of which one, and there maybe more than one when it does happen!

people really need a combo power supply, because a small wind gen with some solar panels, when the volcano goes the sun maybe obscured but there will be lots of wind!

bird    3

I dont want to sound rude or anything so pls dont take my response the wrong way but its important to not let media sources make u read the information their way

"the eclipse will obstruct as much as 9,000 megawatts of solar power, or the equivalent of nine nuclear reactors. That would be enough power to supply 7 million homes."

this part has been worded such that it might lead the reader to think that 7 million homes will be without power. But thats not what the information actually implies. It tells us 9,000mw of power will be missed out on. That doesn't mean there isn't already enough power stored / generated to continue to power everything business as usual.

Let's say i live in a village with a population of 1000 people. if i have 100 apple trees and every tree grows 100 apples, and a storm destroys 10 of the trees, that's 1000 apples that get destroyed. That's enough apples to give everyone in the village a snack, but it doesn't mean that I don't still have 90 trees with 9000 more apples. everyone can still have a snack.

A shame no doom, but an excellent example of MSM emotional manipulation thru clever wording

Uncle Thanky    931
1 minute ago, bird said:

I dont want to sound rude or anything so pls dont take my response the wrong way but its important to not let media sources make u read the information their way

this part has been worded such that it might lead the reader to think that 7 million homes will be without power. But thats not what the information actually implies. It tells us 9,000mw of power will be missed out on. That doesn't mean there isn't already enough power stored / generated to continue to power everything business as usual.

Let's say i live in a village with a population of 1000 people. if i have 100 apple trees and every tree grows 100 apples, and a storm destroys 10 of the trees, that's 1000 apples that get destroyed. That's enough apples to give everyone in the village a snack, but it doesn't mean that I don't still have 90 trees with 9000 more apples. everyone can still have a snack.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah that's one of the things they do.

I just thought it strange that the local news where I live had a segment about it.

apache54    4,138
5 minutes ago, bird said:

A shame no doom, but an excellent example of MSM emotional manipulation thru clever wording

AGREED!!

the sheeples are not very smart!!

Ukshep    16,953
6 hours ago, apache54 said:

AGREED!!

the sheeples are not very smart!!

Think any of them realize it's coming soon?

Jump To Top