Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Thanky

New Handgun Chosen by U.S. Army Goes Off If Dropped

Uncle Thanky    928

"Civilian versions of the Sig 320 fail the so-called "drop test," but the military version appears unaffected.

The handgun chosen to be the U.S. Army's next generation handgun can fire if dropped while loaded. Tests conducted by gun bloggers has confirmed the gun will fire if dropped at a particular angle. The testing followed a multi-million dollar lawsuit by a Connecticut police officer who alleges he was injured after his Sig 320 handgun went off, critically injuring him." Source

Ukshep    16,885
11 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

"Civilian versions of the Sig 320 fail the so-called "drop test," but the military version appears unaffected.

The handgun chosen to be the U.S. Army's next generation handgun can fire if dropped while loaded. Tests conducted by gun bloggers has confirmed the gun will fire if dropped at a particular angle. The testing followed a multi-million dollar lawsuit by a Connecticut police officer who alleges he was injured after his Sig 320 handgun went off, critically injuring him." Source

Yeh this may cause problems.... self-inflicted gunshot wounds to rise then.... Hey that is a good cover for murdering anyone who won't follow orders.

COBO Member    2,754
1 hour ago, spooky2 said:

More on this, plus video. Wow, I'm a big Sig fanboy.  The SP2022 I had was a tack driver, a beast. 

<hangs head> Same with a SP2340. I never was a big fan of the .40's, but I've yet to find another DA trigger that sweet.

Some may argue, but I smell Beretta butthurt funding these tests.

But to Sig's credit, they're already offering voluntary fix mods for customers.

apache54    4,119
1 hour ago, spooky2 said:

More on this, plus video. Wow, I'm a big Sig fanboy.  The SP2022 I had was a tack driver, a beast. I still miss it, I sold it.....

Sig P320 Fails Drop Testing!Video by Omaha Outdoors

http://www.downvids.net/sig-p320-fails-drop-testing-video-by-omaha-outdoors-1220495.html

AGREED,

I shoot a different version of sig, and have owned and shot one for many years and they are one of the most accurate handguns you can buy out of the box!

COBO Member    2,754
8 minutes ago, apache54 said:

AGREED,

I shoot a different version of sig, and have owned and shot one for many years and they are one of the most accurate handguns you can buy out of the box!

Can't argue with you there. I've got an old surplus CZ75 that might give your Sig some stiff competition though. And ergonomically, I'd have to flip a coin between it and my Hi Power.

Better be careful with this thread though. Cinn might merge it with the gun thread over in the survival forum.

apache54    4,119
4 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Can't argue with you there. I've got an old surplus CZ75 that might give your Sig some stiff competition though. And ergonomically, I'd have to flip a coin between it and my Hi Power.

Better be careful with this thread though. Cinn might merge it with the gun thread over in the survival forum.

takes combination of shooter and gun=========great shot! granpa used to say!!

just like women all good!! LOL some just better than others!! LOL :gsbrnint:

spooky2    89
Just now, Rob said:

Glock. leg

Haha finished that for you. SS guy took a rd in the leg the other day. They wouldn't say what happened, but I suspect Glockleg.

COBO Member    2,754
12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Glock.

Un-modded, I'll take a Sig trigger over a Glock any day of the week. 

Jump To Top