Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marlowe

Bad Omen - Rat invasion: Upper West side playground in Manhattan overrun by rats of all sizes

marlowe    1,581

Rat invasion: Upper West side playground in Manhattan overrun by rats of all sizes

https://www.sott.net/article/358666-Rat-invasion-Upper-West-side-playground-in-Manhattan-overrun-by-rats-of-all-sizes

There was outrage on the Upper West Side this weekend, with parents saying huge rats are ruining their visits to the neighborhood.

They also told CBS2's Erin Logan their concerns are not being taken seriously and they have had enough.

"A ton of rats," said Sam Valera. "It grosses me out because there's so many."

Rats of all sizes have been spotted all over the place at the Toll Family Playground in Central Park.

snip-

JayDee    1,056

Something below ground has them rattled? Or they escaped from their home on Wall Street.

Uncle Thanky    947

"parents await the opportunity to have some family fun without the disgust and annoyance of rats ruining their days and nights."

My Daddy taught me how to shoot.

Wood Rats were the targets.

So go out and have some family time!

marlowe    1,581

King rat (animal)

The king rat (Uromys rex) is a species of giant naked-tailed rat, rodents in the family Muridae endemic to Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands.[1] It is found in the Poha valley on Guadalcanal[2] in the Solomons. It lives in trees.[2] It is larger than Uromys porculus but smaller than Uromys imperator.[2]

snip-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_rat_(animal)

Rat king

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king

In folklore, rat kings are associated with various superstitions and were often seen as a bad omen, particularly associated with plagues.

snip-

Lucy Barnable    4,261

"You're never more than 6 feet from a rat in New York City."
I thought that was about human type rats but I guess not.

:unsure:

Mehitable    1,327
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

So, why are there suddenly rats all over these parts? 

No one....except people like us....seem to ask the obvious questions nowadays...like WHY?  Where are all the rats coming from....did they take a train from Washington?   One wonders what it means.  Rats are incredibly smart, if I saw them fleeing or massing somewhere, I'd take that very seriously.  I hate to say it, but I seem to recall there is a big fault in the NYC area.  N one talks about it, but I seem to recall that....

Mehitable    1,327

I was right, there IS a significant fault line in the New York/New Jersey area, the Ramapo fault. Apparently there was a big earthquake in 1737 and 1884 (5.2 - but that's big for that area).

This is from the article I cite below:  "There are several fault lines in the metro area, including one along Manhattan's 125th St. - which may have generated two small tremors in 1981 and may have been the source of the major 1737 earthquake, says Armbruster. There's another fault line on Dyckman St. and one in Dobbs Ferry in nearby Westchester County."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/earthquake-hit-new-york-city-history-yes-not-9-0-magnitude-japan-earthquake-article-1.124761

I'm gonna say there might be an EQ there around the Great Eclipse of 8/21, probably a window of week or two on either side.

Cinnamon    19,945
32 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

I was right, there IS a significant fault line in the New York/New Jersey area, the Ramapo fault. Apparently there was a big earthquake in 1737 and 1884 (5.2 - but that's big for that area).

This is from the article I cite below:  "There are several fault lines in the metro area, including one along Manhattan's 125th St. - which may have generated two small tremors in 1981 and may have been the source of the major 1737 earthquake, says Armbruster. There's another fault line on Dyckman St. and one in Dobbs Ferry in nearby Westchester County."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/earthquake-hit-new-york-city-history-yes-not-9-0-magnitude-japan-earthquake-article-1.124761

I'm gonna say there might be an EQ there around the Great Eclipse of 8/21, probably a window of week or two on either side.

That's 13 days away. Is there any monitoring equipment around there? 

Armbruster says a 5.0-magnitude earthquake today likely would result in casualties and hundreds of millions of dollars in damage. "I would expect some people to be killed," he notes. "Enough chimneys, facades on buildings would fall and someone would be underneath."

The scope and scale of damage would multiply exponentially with each additional tick on the Richter scale.

"Will there be one in my lifetime or your lifetime? I don't know. But this is the longest period we've gone without one."

spEKtre    109

We had a massive mouse plague this year just before the winter rains come, my crib room at work was overrun by them. It took an exterminator weeks to clear them all out, I have since talked to him and he claimed the entire Darling Scarp in the southwest had a massive plague of them. The story goes that because we had massive fires 2 years ago all the natural predators were killed that keep their numbers in check.

Jump To Top